40k jewelry and bookmark

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Battybattybats

Battybattybats

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

I wanted some earrings that suited my 40k Tyranid army and quite quickly and easilly put a pair together a year or so ago and while i was at it i made a bookmark which usually lives in my tyranid codex but which will end up spending a lot of time in my deathwatch books till i make some more. Sorry about the poor pics, i had to use my scanner to take them.

Now i'll just have to decide what other things to use on more bookmarks for my deathwatch books.

#2 Baradiel

Baradiel

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:45 AM

Nice!  Do you wear them away from the game store?

#3 Battybattybats

Battybattybats

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

Baradiel said:

Nice!  Do you wear them away from the game store?

Yep :)

#4 SGT877

SGT877

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:03 AM

I like it... I like it mucho!

#5 RaiPaladin

RaiPaladin

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

These are really sweet. Seeing as how my wife's army is 'Nids, I now have a kicking idea for a present for her - although I will have to try to paint up some bits to match her scheme. I am sure she would notice (and be a lot less happy about) some of her figs lacking heads. *Grin* Where did you get the earring bits? A general store or a jewelry place? Really nice paint job too, by the by.

#6 Battybattybats

Battybattybats

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:18 PM

RaiPaladin said:

These are really sweet. Seeing as how my wife's army is 'Nids, I now have a kicking idea for a present for her - although I will have to try to paint up some bits to match her scheme. I am sure she would notice (and be a lot less happy about) some of her figs lacking heads. *Grin* Where did you get the earring bits? A general store or a jewelry place? Really nice paint job too, by the by.

The earring bits were from a local department store craft section amongst all the beading stuff. I used some small lengths of silver with a kind of tack-head at one end threaded through a hole drilled in the warrior head so the flat pin head holds the tyrannid head on, the other end bent, cut and shaped with needle-nosed pliers around the loop to connect it to the earring pieces. Really simple with the most basic of beading instructions. Thanks for the compliment on the painting :)

#7 Baradiel

Baradiel

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

RaiPaladin, just a suggestion, you could always ask your wife to hook you up with a couple of her spare heads next time she paints some models, so that you can put on trophy racks or something like that with your army.  I realise it in parts means she is making her own gift, but it would keep the scheme similar.

#8 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

Saved.

Alex

#9 Battybattybats

Battybattybats

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

So anyone else make any yet?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS