HE mono is back - thanks Korhil!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Philos

Philos

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

I played a nice little HE mono deck half a dozen times and I am pretty happy with it. The idea is playing and filtering low cost HE units around Korhil and Tiranoc Chariot. That works better than expected when you filter cards by Scroll of Asur and Follow the Portent. I'm not so sure about the Watchstone slot. The idea is obvious but does not work very often. The building is a bit too expensive when drawed in mid-game. I'm thinking about including White Lion Vanguard for one of the other units.

I'm very interested in oppinions and suggestions. 

Units (23)
3 Korhil
3 Keeper of the Flame
3 Shadow Warrior
3 Dreamer of Dragons
3 Lion Chariot of Chrace
2 Silver Helm Detachment
3 Tiranoc Chariot
3 Envoy from Averlorn 

Tactic (9)
2 Asuryan's Cleansing
2 Order in Chaos
3 Scroll of Asur
2 High Elf's Disdain

Quest (3)
3 Follow the Portent

Support (15)
3 Dragon Mage Wakening
3 Warpstone Excavation
3 Contested Village
3 Citadel of Dusk
3 Watchstone of Athel Tamarha

#2 Vitamin T

Vitamin T

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:21 AM

I like your idea of putting Order in Chaos in this deck, we had not had it in our versions.

#3 DaniCarre

DaniCarre

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:54 PM

Is a funny deck, this is my version:

3 Follow the Portent
3 Warpstone Excavation
3 Contested Village
3 Envoy from Averlorn
3 Gift of Life
3 Ancient Waystone
3 Errant Wolf
3 High Elf's Disdain
3 Keeper of the Flame
3 Loremaster of Hoeth
2 Scion of the Everqueen
3 Sea Guard Captain
3 Skinks of Sotek
3 White Lion Vanguard
3 Silver Helm Detachment
3 Tiranoc Chariot
3 Korhil

#4 Cain_hu

Cain_hu

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

Hi !

I'm also made a Korhil deck not long ago. The order in chaos is a good choice (I haven't tought of it), but otherwise I'm not agree with many of your choices.

Some constructive criticism :

- There are too many self-damaging units in the deck for my taste, especially that you can't heal, and you have only dragon mage awakening to help you out.

- I don't see any plan B. if Korhil is dealt with by the opponent. Tiranoc Chariot cannot help you out, since you don't have many cheap units (8), and 3 of them (shadow warriors) are better sitting in kingdom/quest than in the BF

- Watchstone of Athel Tamarha seems totally useless to me, it will trigger rarely. I would take the warship instead of it any day.

- Keeper of the flame ? uhm... why ? Are DE hexes and chaos diseases are that common in your area ?

- Warpstone excavation is a suicide with this deck against Empire, maybe you shoud consider Innovation as your restricted card (they move it to your BF with Visit the haunted city)

#5 grille

grille

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

Cain_hu said:

- Keeper of the flame ? uhm... why ? Are DE hexes and chaos diseases are that common in your area ?

I think it's one of the more useful HE units and it rarely is a dead card. Before White Lion Vanguard it was also the only 2 cost, 1 loyalty, 2 HP unit that HE had, if you exclude the hate card (is that the right card game word?) Scion of the Everqueen and a turn 1 unit that can be "charged" of the Silver Helms at the beginning of the second one is also a solid start.

Dwarfes usually run Great Book, Empire has Volley Gun/Runefang, HE Dragon Mage Wakening and Orc rush regularly plays Choppa. DE and Chaos can play Hexes/Diseases and before restricted list it was good to get rid of Soul Stealer for free was also good. So even if the opponent doesn't run attachments in every deck in our meta (I usually play together with Philos) there is a good aplication range for this unit. It has a similar allround effect like Zealot Hunter. You can't use him in every matchup but usually there is use for him (Clan Moulders, Wight Lord, Lizards).

#6 Ileopsoas

Ileopsoas

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:07 AM

Wonderful deck! I would add even drain magic, to protect yourself from verena's judgement and reanimation!

#7 Greg M

Greg M

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

I'm just starting out with this game and really enjoyed playing HE from the Games Workshop Warhammer Fantasy miniatures game.  What expansion are the Korhil cards in?

Thanks

#8 Philos

Philos

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

Hi Greg,

Korhil is in the second battlepack "Omens of Ruin" from the current Morrslieb Cycle. For further information have a look at deckbox.org, which is a wonderful page for all Warhammer Invasion cards that are available.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS