Expansion info

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 reapersaurus

reapersaurus

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:42 PM

Here's hoping Andrea and Luca (designers) can give us their thoughts on these forums from time to time....

To collect what information we have on the expansion, post what you can here (sneak info, details, release dates, price, etc).

Here's the BGG page with the AI with the 2 extra buildings.

I can't find the post where they described the Heroes and Events, etc.

#2 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:51 AM

We just got the game but it met expectations.  Already anxious for an expansion!

#3 jabrams007

jabrams007

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:22 AM

Thanks for posting that link.  Kingsburg is a great game to play, and I'm really looking forward to the expansion.  This is an almost perfect game for those new boardgamers tired of playing Settlers of Catan and ready to try out something a bit more complex.

#4 hahnarama

hahnarama

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:43 AM

reapersaurus said:

Here's hoping Andrea and Luca (designers) can give us their thoughts on these forums from time to time....

To collect what information we have on the expansion, post what you can here (sneak info, details, release dates, price, etc).

Here's the BGG page with the AI with the 2 extra buildings.

I can't find the post where they described the Heroes and Events, etc.

As far as I know there has bene no new info leaked/released beyond the new buildings.

#5 CanadianPittbull

CanadianPittbull

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:05 AM

The game hasn't been out long enough to see an expansion so quickly (although I would love to see it) but this game always sees play around my table. The info that we do have on the expansion sounds awesome and will definately be on my "Must buy!" list.

#6 zwobot

zwobot

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:40 PM

I did get my copy on the fair in Essen 2007. So it is out long enough for an expasion, which is a definitive must buy for me.

#7 plpompey

plpompey

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:43 AM

Put me down for an expansion whenever it comes out!

#8 andreac

andreac

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:14 AM

jabrams007 said:

Thanks for posting that link.  Kingsburg is a great game to play, and I'm really looking forward to the expansion.  This is an almost perfect game for those new boardgamers tired of playing Settlers of Catan and ready to try out something a bit more complex.

Thanks for expressing exactly what we (designers) wanted to deliver, and for enjoying the game of course.

The expansion will basically give you 5 tools (extra buliding lines, alternate buildings, alternate winter battle resolution, the Governors and the Year Events).

You can add one or more (or even all) of those to the "basic" game to shape your favourite game towards a more "gamers" approach (Governors, alternate buildings and winter), or just to add more variety for casual gamers (the Year Events, but also the Governors and the alternate buildings can be seen in this way). The two extra building lines are probably a welcomed addition to any approach to the game.

Myself and Luca hope you will enjoy it when it will be released!

#9 Gallagen

Gallagen

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:04 PM

Wow It sounds great.

I will have to get up and buy the original. I played it at an expo and it was the best game I had played all year.

It felt really refreshingly original which drew me in anyway, and the use of all of the picture information was also a winner.

MUST BUY :)

#10 Furelli

Furelli

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:56 PM

I like the two new rows and hope that the Java program will continue to be the place to see previews of the upcoming release. Kingsburg is just such a fun little game.

Furelli

#11 Kmorty33

Kmorty33

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:53 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums.  Just wanted to say that I played Kingsburg for the first time today.  It was a 2 player game with my 23 year old daughter and I really enjoyed it.  I also would be interested in an expansion a little ways down  the road, after some more play time with the original.

#12 Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:41 AM

Expansion?  Bring it on!  W H E N ?

"...I was born game, and I intend to go out that way." -- Rooster Cogburn

#13 andreac

andreac

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:56 AM

Tim Kelly said:

Expansion?  Bring it on!  W H E N ?

Spring 2009, hopefully.

Rules are under translation in English (and other languages as well), since our English is not good enough to write an errorproof rulebook.

And we're demoing the expansion here in Italy at conventions, with really positive feedbacks.

Stay tuned!

#14 Dathka

Dathka

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:34 PM

I'll be eagerly awaiting this expansion. Kingsburg is a great game that's seen a lot of ply with my group and I'm excited at the idea of adding some new dimensions to it!

#15 bitva

bitva

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:43 PM

Looking foard to this expansion. Remember that this game has been around longer than FFG has been publishing it (I have an original copy), so definitely time for an expansion.

Ignorance if futile. Resistance is bliss.

#16 MountainRoot

MountainRoot

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:54 AM

I am really happy when people think to expand an already wonderful game. I hope tobejust i imagined.

Count my in for ONE of these babies

#17 TheDukester

TheDukester

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

Count me in. I loves me some Kingsburg, but I'm ready for more stuff, too.

#18 andreac

andreac

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

TheDukester said:

The game needs more stuff, especially if you're a gamer.

So, I hope, just as you guys, that the expansion will be printed soon. All the graphic material as far as I know is final, so they should be printing by now.
I am not sure how long will it takes, but I have hopes for an April or May release.

#19 Zargon

Zargon

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:37 AM

EXCELLENT News! Thanks!

andreac said:

TheDukester said:

The game needs more stuff, especially if you're a gamer.

So, I hope, just as you guys, that the expansion will be printed soon. All the graphic material as far as I know is final, so they should be printing by now.
I am not sure how long will it takes, but I have hopes for an April or May release.

#20 Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

Can't wait. Kingsburg is a great gateway game to begin with, and I'd love to see it furthered by an equally great expansion.

X-Wing:

Spoiler
Netrunner:
Spoiler
Star Wars LCG:
Spoiler

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS