7 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Skeletor

Mr Skeletor

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

BSG Variant: Super Cylon Fleet
By Frank La Terra

This variant assumes you have all 3 BSG expansions, and are using the “Clyon Fleet” option from Exodus.
Its purpose is to reintroduce the Cylon Attack cards (specifically their special rules) to the game.

Setup Changes:
1. Do not remove any “Cylon Attack” cards from the decks. Add “CAG Chooses” cards as normal.
2. Do not remove any Vipers from the reserves. Add the new Vipers to the damage box as normal (ie, play with all plastic ships available)
3. Leave the “Mining Asteroid” Destination card in the Destination Deck.

New rule: Heroic Sacrifice.
When the Cylon Pursuit marker instructs the CAG to place one or more Civilian ships on the board, he may instead destroy a Viper (of any tpe) from the reserves and not do so on a 1-for-1 basis. For each Viper he destroys he does not need to place a Civilian ship.

Drawing Cylon Attack Cards
If a Cylon Attack card is drawn from the deck, perfom the following:
1. Treat the “Activate” section of the card as you would treat as normal – in other words ‘activate’ any ships listed.
2. Advance the Cylon Pursuit marker 1 step. This is in addition to any move it made in step 1.
3. Ignore the “Set-up” section of the card (as well as the diagram.) It has no effect with this variant.
4. Look up the card’s title in the below list to see if there are any changes to how the “Special Rule” works in this variant.

Super Crisis Card
When a cylon plays a super crisis card, perform the following:
5. Treat the “Activate” section of the card as you would treat as normal – in other words ‘activate’ any ships listed.
6. The Cylon Pursuit marker moves immediately to the ‘Auto Attack’ space.
7. Ignore the “Set-up” section of the card (as well as the diagram.) It has no effect with this variant.
8. Look up the card’s title in the below list to see if there are any changes to how the “Special Rule” works in this variant.

The rest of the game is played as normal. Enjoy.

Crisis Card List

Ambush: No change.
Boarding Parties: The viper navigation system malfunctions. All unmanned Vipers are immediately returned to the hanger deck.
Cylon Swarm: No Change.
Besieged: Place 4 raiders from off the board straight onto the main gameboard in the ‘4’ space.
Dogfight: Keep this card in play until the fleet jumps. Each time raiders are activated launch 2 raiders from each base star on the main board (do not activate these new raiders).
Heavy Assault: Galactica is immediately fired at by 2 basestars, even if there are not 2 basestars on the board (they are using long distance weaponry.)
Jammed Assault: No Change
Raiding Party: No Change
Scar: Place scar on the Cylon Fleet board per the normal rules. Keep this card in play until Scar is destroyed. Whenever raiders are activated, activate the Scar raider twice. Scar may only be destroyed on a roll of 7 or 8.
Surrounded: No Change.
Tactical Strike: No Change.
The Guardians: No Change.
Thirty-Three: Keep this card in play until a civilian ship or Base Star is destroyed. The pursuit track will automatically move up 1 space each turn when it otherwise wouldn’t.

Super Crisis Card List

Lured into a trap: No Change.
Boarding Parties: No Change.

#2 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:56 PM

Haven't given a lot of thought to how it'll balance out, and haven't playtested it, but I *love* the idea.  Thanks for this!

#3 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

sounds like fun , but how long does it take to play compared to regular games

#4 Mr Skeletor

Mr Skeletor

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:02 PM

GrandInquisitorKris said:

sounds like fun , but how long does it take to play compared to regular games

It doesn't make any difference to the play time.

#5 GameKeeper.com

GameKeeper.com

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

This sound like a great variant. I can't wait to try it. Thanks!

#6 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

I was thinking of coming up with some way to include the fleet attack cards, and I think I'll give this a try. Of course, I have to convince the rest of the group as well.

#7 umboito

umboito

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

Sounds interesting. Good job :).

#8 ronsen_04

ronsen_04

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

Nice work!

I'll be sure to give it a try.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS