BSG Variant: Super Cylon Fleet
By Frank La Terra
This variant assumes you have all 3 BSG expansions, and are using the “Clyon Fleet” option from Exodus.
Its purpose is to reintroduce the Cylon Attack cards (specifically their special rules) to the game.
1. Do not remove any “Cylon Attack” cards from the decks. Add “CAG Chooses” cards as normal.
2. Do not remove any Vipers from the reserves. Add the new Vipers to the damage box as normal (ie, play with all plastic ships available)
3. Leave the “Mining Asteroid” Destination card in the Destination Deck.
New rule: Heroic Sacrifice.
When the Cylon Pursuit marker instructs the CAG to place one or more Civilian ships on the board, he may instead destroy a Viper (of any tpe) from the reserves and not do so on a 1-for-1 basis. For each Viper he destroys he does not need to place a Civilian ship.
Drawing Cylon Attack Cards
If a Cylon Attack card is drawn from the deck, perfom the following:
1. Treat the “Activate” section of the card as you would treat as normal – in other words ‘activate’ any ships listed.
2. Advance the Cylon Pursuit marker 1 step. This is in addition to any move it made in step 1.
3. Ignore the “Set-up” section of the card (as well as the diagram.) It has no effect with this variant.
4. Look up the card’s title in the below list to see if there are any changes to how the “Special Rule” works in this variant.
Super Crisis Card
When a cylon plays a super crisis card, perform the following:
5. Treat the “Activate” section of the card as you would treat as normal – in other words ‘activate’ any ships listed.
6. The Cylon Pursuit marker moves immediately to the ‘Auto Attack’ space.
7. Ignore the “Set-up” section of the card (as well as the diagram.) It has no effect with this variant.
8. Look up the card’s title in the below list to see if there are any changes to how the “Special Rule” works in this variant.
The rest of the game is played as normal. Enjoy.
Crisis Card List
Ambush: No change.
Boarding Parties: The viper navigation system malfunctions. All unmanned Vipers are immediately returned to the hanger deck.
Cylon Swarm: No Change.
Besieged: Place 4 raiders from off the board straight onto the main gameboard in the ‘4’ space.
Dogfight: Keep this card in play until the fleet jumps. Each time raiders are activated launch 2 raiders from each base star on the main board (do not activate these new raiders).
Heavy Assault: Galactica is immediately fired at by 2 basestars, even if there are not 2 basestars on the board (they are using long distance weaponry.)
Jammed Assault: No Change
Raiding Party: No Change
Scar: Place scar on the Cylon Fleet board per the normal rules. Keep this card in play until Scar is destroyed. Whenever raiders are activated, activate the Scar raider twice. Scar may only be destroyed on a roll of 7 or 8.
Surrounded: No Change.
Tactical Strike: No Change.
The Guardians: No Change.
Thirty-Three: Keep this card in play until a civilian ship or Base Star is destroyed. The pursuit track will automatically move up 1 space each turn when it otherwise wouldn’t.
Super Crisis Card List
Lured into a trap: No Change.
Boarding Parties: No Change.