MagCon tourney report.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BabeDad

BabeDad

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:25 AM

Sorry for the delay in the tournament report. I have some excuses but I will spare everyone the trouble. My own personnel lack of tourney success, due to dice rolls, is of course always available. MagCon was run over the first weekend in April, in New Caney, Texas and I am looking forward to the tournament growing. Despite the small BattleLore turnout all of us had a fantastic time. There is space, amenities and easy access for a nice gaming background.

BattleLore was going to be a three round Swiss with each player playing both sides. There was going to be a championship round following the 3 rounds but we ran out of time after the third round. Mike Davis was declared the winner as he went undefeated all three rounds. Mike defeated me on tie breaks with an exiting last turn blitz were he had to absolutely eliminate two units in a low odds attack. Of course he pulled it off like most games seem to finish.

BattleLore is a great game that has some wonderful potential for exiting scenarios. We played the last two rounds with creature scenarios and everyone enjoyed picking a creature. All the scenarios were played with a full war council of choice. I hope the BattleLore community keeps going.

I wish to personally thank the WBC GMs that I contacted for advice and materials. It felt great to see how the community can support a wonderful hobby. I hope I see everyone at some convention in the future.

#2 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

sounds like alot of work was donw and fun was had by all .

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS