dual wield force weapons

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 arcticintel

arcticintel

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

Is there anything stopping a librarian from from dual wielding two force weapons?  Other than requiring the two weapon wielder, which I'd assume he'd acquire via elite advance.

#2 YoritomoKatsage

YoritomoKatsage

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

Other than the requisition/renown requirements, and as you said, two weapon wielder, no. However you should make the player aware of the errata/clarifications on Force Weapons.

IIRC, you are only allowed to channel psychic energy through the weapon once per turn, due to the fact you can only activate one psychic ability per turn.

Its still very powerful to do, but not mind blowingly so.

#3 Charmander

Charmander

• Members
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:04 PM

YoritomoKatsage said:

IIRC, you are only allowed to channel psychic energy through the weapon once per turn, due to the fact you can only activate one psychic ability per turn.

Correct, you can only activate a force weapon once per turn (this counts for dual wielding as well as multiple attacks).

#4 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

Personally I don't really see the point. Do you get Disarmed so often that you need a spare Force Weapon?

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#5 arcticintel

arcticintel

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

Ah, yea.  Hadn't seen the errata about only channeling your power into a force weapon once per turn.  Thanks for the info!

#6 aussieyobbo

aussieyobbo

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

In addition to normal Damage, whenever a psyker damages an opponent, he may, as a Free Action, channel psychic force and killing will into the blade. This requires a Focus Power Test using Opposed Willpower. For every degree of success, the force weapon’s wielder deals an additional 1d10 Damage, ignoring the victim’s Armour and Toughness Bonus. Force weapons cannot be destroyed by a power weapon’s field.

the focus power test is a free action in this case. happens whenever psyker damages an opponent.

#7 KommissarK

KommissarK

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

You necro'd a two year old thread just to say that?

Besides, the original idea was right, you can only do one Focus Power action per turn anyway, no matter the action cost. Goes with the limitation on only being able to perform one of any given action a turn.

#8 herichimo

herichimo

• Members
  • 901 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

KommissarK said:

You necro'd a two year old thread just to say that?

Besides, the original idea was right, you can only do one Focus Power action per turn anyway, no matter the action cost. Goes with the limitation on only being able to perform one of any given action a turn.

Looks like he's done it to just about every post here recently. Don't know what he's trying to accomplish? Maybe make it "appear" he's an expert in the community by spamming the forums with absolutely uneeded posts by simply repeating the basic rules of the game relating to the posts.

Doesn't really instill in me any feelings he is knowledgable. Just makes me think he's shamelessly plugging himself. The timing and mass button pushing isn't helping him either, it actually makes me less inclined to listen to anything he says.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS