Infinite Loop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rashley

Rashley

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:42 AM

Can I assume that the infinite loop that can be formed if only 'Eastern Crows' are left in Encounter deck and 'Thalin' is Questing, can be broken by the wording of 'Eastern Crows' saying DEFEATED not DESTROYED?  Therefore they are only returned to deck if DEFEATED in Combat.  Cheers!

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:53 AM

How would that make an infinite loop ? You only add 1 card per player. Once its drawn and in this case defeated you move on to counting willpower in the end of the quest phase. You don't keep adding cards to the staging area until one stays.

So Thalin quests, shadow deck draws a card per player, one of them is eastern crows, eastern crows dies and goes away, players count willpower and compare to threat in staging area then add progress tokens or move up threat and move on to travel phase.

#3 Entropy42

Entropy42

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:30 AM

Eastern Crows gets shuffled back in, so if there are say, 2 of them in the encounter deck and nothing else, then they would just constantly go back into it.  I don't think its an infinite loop though, because if you kill them with Thalin's ability, they don't activate Surge.

#4 pumpkin

pumpkin

• Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

yep, surge isn't activated so loop avoided.

This is covered in the FAQ thread

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=201&efcid=4&efidt=479840

#5 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

I thought you were going to talk about letting the crows attack Gloin undefended  forever while your teammate is playing a lore deck.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS