• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zombipuppy

zombipuppy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:22 AM

Hey all,

This may have been answered, and if so, please point me to the correct thread (I couldn't find it).

Quick question regarding printed Action abilities on characters and exhausting said characters when committing to a quest, attacking, defending, or any other circumstance that would cause a character to exhaust: do Actions automatically activate if you exhaust a character that requires an exhaust for something else? I'm coming from the only CCG I've ever briefly played, Magic: The Gathering, and I think this was how it worked there. I just want to make sure it isn't how it works in LOTR (otherwise the game just got a whole lot easier).

Thanks!

#2 scottindeed

scottindeed

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

No, if the character is exhausted by attacking, defending, card effect etc, you do not activate their exhaust ability.  You must choose whether to exhaust them for their ability or not.

#3 Mackey79

Mackey79

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

And it doesn't work like that for Magic neither.

#4 zombipuppy

zombipuppy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

Thanks guys. Mackey, I most certainly thought that's how it worked in Magic... but I haven't played that or looked at its rules in ages, haha. Guess I'm full of wrong information!

#5 Mackey79

Mackey79

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

zombipuppy said:

Thanks guys. Mackey, I most certainly thought that's how it worked in Magic... but I haven't played that or looked at its rules in ages, haha. Guess I'm full of wrong information!

Hahaha, no problem. I play Magic quite often, so I'm sure.

#6 Coastercinder

Coastercinder

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

For clarification: when a character is exhausted, you can not use his exhaust ability, however you can use any other ability on the card that does not involve exhausting.  For example, in the introduction video of the game you can see Eowyn get exhausted and then using her ability where you can discard a card from your hand to give her +1 will power.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS