[Rules] Questions that came up after a couple of games

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KDuffert

KDuffert

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:45 AM

1. I have the 1b Questcard of the 2nd Scenario out with 7 Progress token on it and a Hill Troll in the staging area.

In my Adventure Phase it turns out that I have 8 Willpower against 5 Threat Strength, do I put 3 Progress tokens on the actual quest or only 1? Cause I cannot complete the quest because of the Hill Troll. The rules only say "If the Willpower is higher, the players have succesfully quested, and they make progress on the quest. A number of progress tokens equal to the amount by which their Willpower overcame the Threat Strength are placed on the current quest card." So in my opinion I put 3 on it to a total of 10 progress tokens (although the quest card only needs 8 to complete).

2. Henamarth Riversong and Glorfindel are questing. In the adventure phase I draw "The Necromancer's Reach" and Riversong dies cause of that. Does his Willpower count towards the questing willpower? I think yes because he was commited to the quest in step 1 and step 3 says "Finally, the players compare the combined willpower strength of ALL COMMITTED CHARACTERS".

3. Is the only possibility to get rid of "Caught in a Web" the effect from "Miner of the Iron Hills"? I think so.

4. Can I pump up a character with "Protector of Lorien" with more than 1 card? I think yes.

5. Can a character enchanted with 2x "Unexpected Courage" attack 3 different enemys? I think yes.

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:20 AM

KDuffert said:

1. I have the 1b Questcard of the 2nd Scenario out with 7 Progress token on it and a Hill Troll in the staging area.

In my Adventure Phase it turns out that I have 8 Willpower against 5 Threat Strength, do I put 3 Progress tokens on the actual quest or only 1? Cause I cannot complete the quest because of the Hill Troll. The rules only say "If the Willpower is higher, the players have succesfully quested, and they make progress on the quest. A number of progress tokens equal to the amount by which their Willpower overcame the Threat Strength are placed on the current quest card." So in my opinion I put 3 on it to a total of 10 progress tokens (although the quest card only needs 8 to complete).

2. Henamarth Riversong and Glorfindel are questing. In the adventure phase I draw "The Necromancer's Reach" and Riversong dies cause of that. Does his Willpower count towards the questing willpower? I think yes because he was commited to the quest in step 1 and step 3 says "Finally, the players compare the combined willpower strength of ALL COMMITTED CHARACTERS".

3. Is the only possibility to get rid of "Caught in a Web" the effect from "Miner of the Iron Hills"? I think so.

4. Can I pump up a character with "Protector of Lorien" with more than 1 card? I think yes.

5. Can a character enchanted with 2x "Unexpected Courage" attack 3 different enemys? I think yes.

1) Keep putting them as there are some cards that could remove the progress tokens

2) If he is dead before you calculate then no as he is no longer part of it.

3) There is an enemy one that affects attachments too and no doubt more on the way in adventure packs

4) I have been using only 1 as it says a card, but it also has no limit on it so that one is unclear

5) In theory yes as each attack is separate and you can declare more than one per phase with any ready eligible characters.

#3 DerBarchen

DerBarchen

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:45 AM

Toqtamish said:

3) There is an enemy one that affects attachments too and no doubt more on the way in adventure packs

4) I have been using only 1 as it says a card, but it also has no limit on it so that one is unclear

5) In theory yes as each attack is separate and you can declare more than one per phase with any ready eligible characters.

3) It has been decided that you can't get rid of Caught in a Web with  the shadow effect of Forest Spider on the FAQ thread. I think this was due to the fact that you don't actually own the card the encounter deck plays, the encounter deck owns it.

4) Since there is no limint you may use it as much as you want, this has also been covered in the FAQ thread.

5) This is completely right, and was also (drum roll...) in the FAQ thread =P

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:52 AM

Well sadly as much as we might like it to be the FAQ thread is done by players so it is not official. I emailed Nate last week about the Caught in the Web card and am still awaiting his reply.

#5 DerBarchen

DerBarchen

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:17 AM

Toqtamish said:

Well sadly as much as we might like it to be the FAQ thread is done by players so it is not official. I emailed Nate last week about the Caught in the Web card and am still awaiting his reply.

haha indeed, the FAQ isnt official but its a good palce to reffer to non the less.
Oh really? I hope he replies. I thought someone pointed out that rules supported the fact that it cant be gotten rid off but I cant find the thread anywhere >.>

#6 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:25 AM

I tend to agree it cannot as I am playing right now and a forest spider came up as a shadow card and it says on it"and discard 1 attachment he controls" and the Caught in the Web is not a card you control I have one in my shadow decks discard pile right now so was reading both as I reply.

#7 KDuffert

KDuffert

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

Toqtamish said:

2) If he is dead before you calculate then no as he is no longer part of it.

But the rules don't say "... that are alive during step 3 of the adventure phase."

From a logical aspect you are right, but he was sent on that quest during phase 1 and the willpower "was there".

#8 fabest

fabest

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:15 PM

The rules say that you compare the total willpower of characters questing during step 3 of the Quest phase.

Any character who was questing before but who now is not questing anymore (which death makes) will not add his willpower.

The game only look at your total willpower on step 3, not during step 1 or 2.

#9 Fieras

Fieras

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:15 AM

Toqtamish said:

Its our best resource at the moment.  If you are going to ask questions on teh forums, you will get equal or worse results than just reading the FAQ thread.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS