Seeking Conversion Beamer Alternative Rules

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alpha Chaos 13

Alpha Chaos 13

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:39 AM

Hello all! I was reading the Conversion Beamer rules in the Deathwatch main rulebook & began to think about the old days, when the Beamer was introduced to 40K. The Conversion Beamer converts matter into energy, resulting in an explosive reaction. The current Deathwatch rules have the beam grow more powerful the farther it has to travel to the target. I'm okay with the rules as they are, but the DW Beamer's effect is a bit different from the original. The original Conversion Beamer's strength & blast were directly proportioate to the mass of the target. Put simply: heavier armor = bigger boom. Thus, the Beamer was an absolute monster against things like Terminators, whose armor actually worked against them in this case.

So my question is: Has anyone written and/or tried any house rules for the Conversion Beamer using this concept?

Thank you for your time.

#2 AlphariusOmegon7

AlphariusOmegon7

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

No - quite simply this is because the TT rules have changed and now this reflects the new ones.  Sorry.  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS