Defending Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The_Big_Show

The_Big_Show

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:18 AM

Apologies first off for the vagueness of this question but it's been a couple days since the game where this happened and I forget the full details.

We had a 4 player game, and I had three heroes and one ally. An enemy engaged me and I defended with the ally. The shadow effect revealed dealt damage to the ally and killed it. Is the attack still considered defended at that point? I want to think yes because I assigned a defender prior to that point but it was a question we couldn't find covered in the rules.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

#2 Titan

Titan

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:47 AM

P. 18, bottom left: "If a defending character leaves play or is removed from combat before damage is assigned, the attack is considered undefended."

#3 kingsoyboy

kingsoyboy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:20 PM

My guess is "yes you still defended because your character was dealt damage before it left play.

#4 KDuffert

KDuffert

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

I think when the enemy wants to deal damage and there is noone to take the damage, the attack is undefended and the damage must put on a single hero.

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

As Titan already said it is right in the rulebook, the answer is no it is not considered defended.

#6 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:40 AM

If the shadow effect  was straight damage, and not an increase to the enemy's attack rating, then the ally is technically killed before the attack, and the attack would be considered undefended.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS