Defining decks in LotR LCG

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Deleriad

Deleriad

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:10 AM

It struck me that there's been a bit of talk about whether the game is too easy, too difficult and so on and one of the issues is that I'm never sure what the deck construction is. It seems to me that it would be handy to be specific about what type of deck we're talking about.

Starter deck. One of the single sphere decks straight from a single core set. 30 cards, 1 Gandalf.

Limited Tournament deck. A deck with 50 cards minumim and a maximum of 3 cards with the same name built from just a single core set.

Unlimited Tournament deck. as limited but built from multiple card sets. 

Casual deck: deck built out of any number of core sets with no deck size minimum or maximum number of cards. For example I get the nagging feeling that some people might be taking a starter deck and simply adding a bunch of Gandalfs and so on. 

From my experience so far, I wouldn't mind betting that in many cases a starter deck is about as powerful as a limited tournament deck just due to the lower deck size and lack of resource mis-matches.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS