Escape From Dol Guldur

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 conykchameleon

conykchameleon

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

So excited, just had to post. I finally beat Escape From Dol Guldur with: Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli. Ending threat: 49. It was so close and such an exciting finish. All of this with the admission that of course I had a couple lucky breaks, but I think you have to win this scenario. Got Steward of Gondor and Celebrian's Stone out early for an awesome amount of Will and Resources. Got allies at crucial times (I had Ungoliant's Spawn and the Nazul engaged at the same time, but had 3 alies to throw into defending). And of course, a timely appearance or two by Gandalf.

What other deck combinations have other people beaten Escape with?

#2 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:53 PM

conykchameleon said:

So excited, just had to post. I finally beat Escape From Dol Guldur with: Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli. Ending threat: 49. 

Wow, congratulations!

I wouldn't want to try the scenario with this combination of heroes, this cannot have been easy!

#3 Komret

Komret

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:05 PM

I was trying to beat it with Denethor-Glorifindel-Glóin at least twenty times, but always unsuccessfully. Once I won it somehow using Éowyn-Aragorn-Théodred, but then I couldn't repeat it. Especially Éowyn appears to be crucial.

#4 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:22 AM

Komret said:

Once I won it somehow using Éowyn-Aragorn-Théodred, but then I couldn't repeat it. Especially Éowyn appears to be crucial.

That's the combination I've been trying for about 25 games now. It _seems_ to be the most promising combination, but something always goes wrong. At least I almost always get to stage three (assuming Theodred is the prisoner).

I've also made a couple of tries using Aragorn/Eowyn/Denethor but didn't get very far yet. Actually, most games are over after a mere five minutes.

This scenario is really ridiculously difficult in solo mode.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS