Placing an Orc Token + Iron Shackles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scottindeed

scottindeed

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

In my successful Lore run through of the thrid scenario, I came across the following situation:

When you place an Orc token, the card comes from your own deck.  At one point I had to place an Orc, but had Iron Shackles on the top of my deck.  Iron Shackles reads "The next time a player would draw 1 or more cards from attached deck, discard Iron Shackles instead."  So I reason that you would discard Iron Shackles instead of placing the Orc.  Either way I still would have completed the quest, but just thought it an interesting situation.

#2 Apophenia

Apophenia

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:16 AM

scottindeed said:

In my successful Lore run through of the thrid scenario, I came across the following situation:

When you place an Orc token, the card comes from your own deck.  At one point I had to place an Orc, but had Iron Shackles on the top of my deck.  Iron Shackles reads "The next time a player would draw 1 or more cards from attached deck, discard Iron Shackles instead."  So I reason that you would discard Iron Shackles instead of placing the Orc.  Either way I still would have completed the quest, but just thought it an interesting situation.

I think Draw refers to taking the top card of your deck and putting it in your hand. I don't think that would apply when you are turning the top card of your deck into an Enemy. Drawing is described on page 12 under the Resource Phase. 

Out of the Dungeons says "each player places the top card of his deck" I don't think that counts as Drawing cards. 

EDIT: 

I suppose that means you can still might be able to use Gandalf's Search while the Iron Shackles are on your deck because that is a search effect not a draw effect. That might be wrong however.

#3 conykchameleon

conykchameleon

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, I just ran across Iron Shackles for the first time last night and just found it generally odd. I think it creates a lot of strange situations ruleswise and definitely needs to be reworded/clarified/FAQed/whatever.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS