Jump to content



Photo

Proof of Purchase??????


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Titan

Titan

    Member

  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

Been meaning to ask this. The core set has a small detachable square(comes with the tokens, threat markers, etc) that says "proof of purchase". Anyone knows what we are supposed to do with it? 



#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

    Toqtamish

  • Members
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:35 AM

Hold on to it for now. Who knows maybe there will be some kind of redemption that will require it. Or maybe it will end up in the recycling bin.



#3 mason240

mason240

    Member

  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:54 AM

Toqtamish said:

Hold on to it for now. Who knows maybe there will be some kind of redemption that will require it. Or maybe it will end up in the recycling bin.

 

Something like "here is a copy of all the cards we only one copy of in the core set, so now you only have to buy 2 cores instead of three to build a deck with 3 Beorns" would be nice.



#4 DerBarchen

DerBarchen

    Member

  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:05 AM

mason240 said:

Toqtamish said:

 

Hold on to it for now. Who knows maybe there will be some kind of redemption that will require it. Or maybe it will end up in the recycling bin.

 

 

 

Something like "here is a copy of all the cards we only one copy of in the core set, so now you only have to buy 2 cores instead of three to build a deck with 3 Beorns" would be nice.

One can dream...

More likely it will be used for online promotions and such. Maybe itll be used to give more forum points?



#5 faith_star83

faith_star83

    Member

  • Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:31 AM

It's nice to have dreams I guess, but it is very unlikely that something like this will happen. You should rather think of the proof of purchase as a serial-number of your game. If pieces are missing or there is some damage you will need it to claim replacements. If anything is in order you might not need it, but I guess it's still better to hold on to it ;-)



#6 DerBarchen

DerBarchen

    Member

  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:48 AM

Its a relatively new service it seems, the Thrones core set I bought last christmas didnt have a proof of purchase. I really hope its something more exciting than just a troubleshooting number. Hopefully it will involve fabulous prizes =P



#7 Infyra

Infyra

    Member

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:41 PM

Almost all recent FFG titles I bought have had this little token. I guess they can ask for it if you need replacement parts or if you are missing parts etc.



#8 jhaelen

jhaelen

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:18 PM

Infyra said:

Almost all recent FFG titles I bought have had this little token. I guess they can ask for it if you need replacement parts or if you are missing parts etc.

This!






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS