FFG Version

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

This has been one of those games I've been interested in for some time. Now that FFG will be releasing their own version, I'm glad I waited. I like Mayfair Games, but I still think that FFG's quality components outshines pretty much ever other board game manufacturer (although Valley Games's Titan is near the top of the list).

#2 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:28 PM

The most shocking thing is the $11.95 MSRP.

I've got a copy of the old one, but at this price, I might as well have a brand new one.

Congrats, FFG. For stealing a fun little game and making it cooler.

#3 bluecrane

bluecrane

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

I have to agree! At approximately R80, this is almost too good to be true!

#4 Hellfury

Hellfury

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:35 AM

sepayne7l said:

The most shocking thing is the $11.95 MSRP.

Ni kidding? *Goes to check the entry...*

Wow! I think this may be the cheapest standalone game FFG offers. Even cheaper than their childrens games...

Shocking indeed.

#5 Lindsey

Lindsey

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

That's astoundingly cheap.  I wonder if they're planning to print this in quantity and try to sell it at the big stores (Target, WalMart, etc.)?

#6 Madboyo

Madboyo

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Its just great fun in a tiny little box....

#7 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:33 AM

I've tried this game with my wife, she could enjoy playing it I think.  With this pricetag, I should consider buying a copy.  Don't know if it is good for 2 players, too?

Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#8 zelq

zelq

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

Wow! Didn't realize it was that cheap. Ordering it now! :)

#9 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,602 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

Angus Lee said:

I've tried this game with my wife, she could enjoy playing it I think.  With this pricetag, I should consider buying a copy.  Don't know if it is good for 2 players, too?

Guess this answer comes too late, but stilll.. yeah, the game plays great even 2p… additionally, you have a load of options (use less penguins, use more penguins, forbid starting on certain positions, alter the shape of the board and so on) granting you a huge flexibility in the game. I was kinda perplexed, but after some games I can say it's a good game. An easy one, and a short one, sure, but still it's absolute fun (should get an expansion, adding obstacles, moving from different ice platforms and so on :P)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#10 JdlV

JdlV

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

Love this game but too logical for my wife (she hates to lose).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS