attachment restrictions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mestrahd

Mestrahd

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

I know that you must PAY for an attachment with the correct sphere, but do you have to attach them to the matching sphere as well? If you're playing a dual-sphere deck can you pay for Unexpected Courage with your Spirit guy, but attach it to your Tactics guy, for example?

#2 conykchameleon

conykchameleon

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:06 PM

You can attach them to any hero that meets the restrictions, which is usually "a hero". It doesn't matter if they are the sphere of the card or not, that only matters for resource match.

PS: Glad to see you made your way over here Mehstrad.

I'll a clarifying question about attachments though: you can only have two of any restricted, but can you have two of the same. What I'm really driving at here is I don't think it makes sense to be wearing two Citadel Plates.

#3 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:54 PM

conykchameleon said:

I'll a clarifying question about attachments though: you can only have two of any restricted, but can you have two of the same. What I'm really driving at here is I don't think it makes sense to be wearing two Citadel Plates.

Yeah, but it _does_ make sense to wield two dwarven axes! Myself I see it as having a second plate mail in your backpack which you wear as soon as your first suit has been battered into oblivion (i.e. after it has soaked four wounds for you).

#4 Mighty Jim

Mighty Jim

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

Do you have to play attachments on your own characters? or can you play them on another player's? (this is a co-op game after all)

#5 conykchameleon

conykchameleon

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:09 PM

Mighty Jim said:

Do you have to play attachments on your own characters? or can you play them on another player's? (this is a co-op game after all)

Rules pg 25

#6 Kitsune Rei

Kitsune Rei

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

jhaelen said:

conykchameleon said:

Yeah, but it _does_ make sense to wield two dwarven axes! Myself I see it as having a second plate mail in your backpack which you wear as soon as your first suit has been battered into oblivion (i.e. after it has soaked four wounds for you).

I was also thinking that about the citadel plate, but you make a good argument for it :) Most of the game makes sense in story terms. Although losing your plate when you're over your normal HP is really bad!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS