Photo

"When Revealed" and cards with Shadow Effect?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CrowOfPyke

CrowOfPyke

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

Do Encounter deck cards still resolve their "When Revealed" effect when used as a Shadow card in the Combat Phase?

Step 3 of the Combat Phase on Page 18 does not say resolve "When Revealed" effects.  And the example on Page 18 also indicates that anything that is not specifically a Shadow Effect does NOT resolve.  Indeed Step 3 of the Combat Phase states: "Resolve shadow effect. The active player flips that
enemy’s shadow card faceup and resolves any shadow effect that card might have."

Going further, Page 14 on the Quest Phase has the Staging step specifically calls out that "When Revealed" effects resolve.

Combined, I have been playing that only actual Shadow Effects resolve during the Combat Phase and *not* "When Revealed" effects since "When Revealed" effects are specifically called out as part of the Quest Phase.  And I seem to recall learning it this way at GenCon 2010 last summer.

I just want to verify that I doing this right....

#2 Paul Grogan

Paul Grogan

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:24 AM

They dont.

When a card is dealt as a shadow card in combat, only the shadow portion of the text is used.  If it has none, simply ignore the card

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS