Forest Snare with Nazgul

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 daveman006

daveman006

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:58 AM

Here is a question, does a creature with Forest Snare still get a Shadow effect dealt to it?  If so then the Nazgul of Dol Guldur is still bad even when snared. I guess you have to hope that the shadow card dealt does not have a shadow effect...  The play my friend and I were playing was no Shadow effect was dealt with the Snare in play on the Nazgul however it didnt really matter cause we still lost due to threat generation with the objectives and the Doomed locations and monsters coming up even Gandalf only delayed it a little.  It is tough scenario with 2 players havent tried with 3 or 4 might be doable then.

#2 Zambo

Zambo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:35 AM

daveman006 said:

Here is a question, does a creature with Forest Snare still get a Shadow effect dealt to it?  If so then the Nazgul of Dol Guldur is still bad even when snared. I guess you have to hope that the shadow card dealt does not have a shadow effect...  The play my friend and I were playing was no Shadow effect was dealt with the Snare in play on the Nazgul however it didnt really matter cause we still lost due to threat generation with the objectives and the Doomed locations and monsters coming up even Gandalf only delayed it a little.  It is tough scenario with 2 players havent tried with 3 or 4 might be doable then.

All Enemies engaged with players receive a shadow card.  Then you choose the order of Enemy attacks.  When you choose the Nazgul with the Forest Snare attached, he cannot attack, so his shadow card is discarded with no effect.  Shadow effects are only resolved when an Enemy's attack is resolved (see pg. 18).  If an Enemy doesn't attack, their shadow effect doesn't resolve.

#3 pumpkin

pumpkin

• Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:51 AM

This question and it's answer appears in the FAQ thread, here:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=201&efcid=4&efidt=479840&efpag=0

Hope this helps

#4 daveman006

daveman006

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:32 AM

Thank you for the link to the forum that thread answered alot of my rules questions sorry I didnt read it before all of this posting.

#5 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:56 AM

That silly nazgul was completely duped by the leaves covering the net.  The worst thing about being undead and making bonehead mistakes is there is no way to live them down.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS