Objective Cards

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wookie78

wookie78

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:52 PM

Finally plucked up the courage to attempt the Escape from Dol Guldur scenario solo and got absolutely nailed!!  (Think I'll be leaving this one well alone until I get a few more super useful player cards via the monthly adventure packs).

Whilst playing however, a couple of questions arose with regards to the handling of objective cards.

1) What happens to an objective card when an enemy guarding it engages a player? Does the objective card remain in the staging area or remain attached to the enemy (and therefore considered to be no longer in the staging area)?  I assume the latter but the rules are not explicit.

2) The Dungeon Jailor card (can't recall exact name / spelling) can result in objective cards leaving the staging area and being shuffled into the encounter deck.  What happens if the objective card is later drawn as a shadow card?  Does it go in the discard pile (therefore a long wait until it can be claimed) or does it go into the staging area?

#2 Acererak

Acererak

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:19 AM

wookie78 said:

Finally plucked up the courage to attempt the Escape from Dol Guldur scenario solo and got absolutely nailed!!  (Think I'll be leaving this one well alone until I get a few more super useful player cards via the monthly adventure packs).

Whilst playing however, a couple of questions arose with regards to the handling of objective cards.

1) What happens to an objective card when an enemy guarding it engages a player? Does the objective card remain in the staging area or remain attached to the enemy (and therefore considered to be no longer in the staging area)?  I assume the latter but the rules are not explicit.

2) The Dungeon Jailor card (can't recall exact name / spelling) can result in objective cards leaving the staging area and being shuffled into the encounter deck.  What happens if the objective card is later drawn as a shadow card?  Does it go in the discard pile (therefore a long wait until it can be claimed) or does it go into the staging area?

If you feel better, I have tried countless times and failed miserably every one of them. This mission solo (with just one deck) is next to impossible. Hoping to hear differently from anyone.

I have a plan that might work, but yet testing it.

Your questions :

1. Rules cover everything about guarded cards in p.24. They keep attached to the card guarding it until you eliminate it, when they go to staging area to be claimed, according to their own rules in the card.

2. I had the same question a while ago when started trying and general consensus semed to agree that the Objective card, if drawn as Shadow card, goes to Discard Pile, so this is something you definitely want to avoid. If you have Dungeon Jailor on the table, better claim those cards asap.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS