Strange Ending

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hastur360

Hastur360

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

So we were on the second part of our quest Anduin Passage. In the staging area were a Dol Guldur Packmaster and a Dol Guldur Orcs and Gladden Fields, we came out of the questing phase with 3 cards left in the encounter deck and only 3 progress tokens needed to finish the quest. My heroes were Aragorn, Legolas w/ Blade of Gondolin, and Gimli. My gf's heroes were Eowyn, Theodred and Thalin. Long story shorter, we were able to dispose of both creatures. And due to the Packmaster and Dol Guldur Orcs, they had depleted the encounter deck due to shadow card draw. Legolas killed and put 3 progress on the quest ending it. The quest flips to reveal Ambush on the Shore. No creatures were in play, and no cards in the encounter deck to flip into the staging area due to it being depleted and the encounter deck does not reshuffle until Questing Phase. So we won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very strange ending to the Journey Down the Anduin.

#2 DerBarchen

DerBarchen

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:14 PM

Hahaha, Epic Win! I wish there was a "like" button =P

#3 zombipuppy

zombipuppy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:47 AM

Guess you disposed of enemy reinforcements before they could be used! Well played.

#4 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:08 AM

Aren't you supposed to shuffle the encounter deck back in again?

#5 zombipuppy

zombipuppy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:11 AM

vermillian said:

Aren't you supposed to shuffle the encounter deck back in again?

He wasn't in the Quest phase, so no, I don't think so.

#6 Hastur360

Hastur360

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:33 AM

Nope you don't reshuffle the deck. On page 18 of the rule book.

" If the encounter deck runs out of cards , any enemies that have not been dealt shadow cards are not dealt shadow cards this round. An empty encounter deck only resets during the quest phase (see page 14)."

#7 Kiwina

Kiwina

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:23 AM

That is an awesome win.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS