Bilbo + Aragorn + Theodred = Fast win

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mason240

mason240

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:41 AM

I just got done running the second scenario with a leadership/lore deck using the spoiled version of Bilbo Baggins

If you haven't seen it yet, he allows the first player to draw an additional card. Playing solo means you get to draw 2 every turn, and helps make an already fast deck like leadership even faster. Because I was using Theodred (After Theodred commits to a quest, add on resource to another hero's pool) I was able to give Bilbo 2 resource a turn. By playing Son of Arnor I was able to enage the Hill Troll during the Planning phase, which together with the extra resource allowed me to put a Forest Snare on the Troll in round 2 before he was able to attack me.

Drawing the extra cards let me quickly  get to Steward of Gondor (then I was at 6 resources a turn) and Celebrian's Stone (giving Bilbo +2 willpower). I was able to Sneak Attack with Gandalf 2 twice. Because Bilbo was getting 2 resource a turn, I was able to get out 2 Daughter of the Nimrodels. My final score was 27.

By using this combo you area able to draw the same number of cards and generate the same amount of resources as 2 players, Once The Hunt for Gollum is released, I think will be a very powerful deck for solo play. 

#2 Titan

Titan

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

30 card deck or did you bump it up to 50? Either way, looks like a great addition for a lore/leadership deck. I haven't tried them together yet, but I think these decks will work well to in general. Leadership is the best all around and lore is full of control and healing. I won't play with him spoiled, though. I have a thing about having the actual card to use.

#3 faith_star83

faith_star83

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

Nice idea, I didn't even think about using spoiled cards already ;-)

I love Theodred, his a real multi-sphere enabler as you can get the same amount of resources for your one character sphere. Netting an extra card every turn with Bilbo seems the perfect match!

#4 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

Why the extra willpower for bilbo?

#5 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:34 PM

jogo said:

Why the extra willpower for bilbo?

Because he's only useful for questing outside his ability, and it doesn't look like there are any Spirit cards being played. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS