Question about Egypt and U.N.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KingofKanadia

KingofKanadia

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:58 AM

1) With the Egyptian racial special ability to build 1 free building even if you can't afford it in place of an action.  Would that allow a city to build two buildings in one turn?  Or does that city forfeit their action in order to build the 1 free building, so long as they have the proper tech.

2) With the U.N., what constitutes being targeted by a Cultural Card.  Do they have to say "target player" or does it just mean any cultural card that is directed at you, you can choose to ignore so long as it goes against your will? 

#2 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

KingofKanadia said:

1) With the Egyptian racial special ability to build 1 free building even if you can't afford it in place of an action.  Would that allow a city to build two buildings in one turn?  Or does that city forfeit their action in order to build the 1 free building, so long as they have the proper tech.

As I interpret the rules each of your cities have one, and only one, action each turn. thus you would only be allowed to build one free building or build one building and pay for it. The thing about the Egyptian special ability is that they can build one building without having enough construction for it. For example: The egyptian settlers have all been wiped out and their capital gives 4 Construction. The Egyptians could still build an Iron Mine in their Capital (provided they have the necessary tech and an empty mountain of course). Even, for that matter, if they in some way would have 0 Construction (i.e. all construction-providing squares are blockaded) in their capital they would be allowed to build any building there as long as they have the appropriate tech and free space.

KingofKanadia said:

2) With the U.N., what constitutes being targeted by a Cultural Card.  Do they have to say "target player" or does it just mean any cultural card that is directed at you, you can choose to ignore so long as it goes against your will? 

I believe that you may cancel any card targeting you or any square or object you control.

Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS