Mainland Europe?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Infyra

Infyra

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:29 PM

So after a very long wait for this game, it seems the worldwide release has finally come and everyone is playing an struggling with the game's rules.

Or are they? Here in holland none of the shops know of a new release date, and all the companies that deliver to the shops have a release date of november 2010. Did the english language game sell so fast that all the copies ran out before it reached the counties in europe that do not get their own localized translation?

This is kind of dissapointing, and happens a lot with FFG releases, I had to wait for cosmic conflict for almost 2 months before it came to holland after the so called release. I am really hoping enough copied were printed so that we in holland do not have to wait half a year for the next batch. Problems with printing or not, I want the game. For most the wait is over, for us it still goes on, and there isn't even a clear date when it will come.

I know the UK got the game, but is anyone else in europe except holland still waiting for their english language release?

#2 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:06 AM

yes, still waiting here in Berlin, my guys say next week, I will let you know.  Have hope, my friend, do not let the shadow hold sway over your heart! If civilisation melts down before we can get our hands on the precious, we will at least perish with fortitude :)

#3 DarthJalapeno

DarthJalapeno

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:46 AM

Waiting in Sweden too...

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,285 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:58 AM

My FLGS in Finland still lists 30 April as availability date. On the plus side, at least the word "circa" has been removed...

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#5 Doom1502

Doom1502

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:04 AM

on Amazon.de it is also available on 30th of april. I hope they can ship it a bit earlier  :S

#6 Ladoik

Ladoik

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:19 AM

I got my german copy on Wendsday the 20.4. in Germany.

But i think the English copy will come later because they wher shiped to the USA first and then will spread from there all over the World.

That explains the delay of the English Version in the Countrys getting no localized Version.

#7 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,285 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:20 AM

Ladoik said:

That explains the delay of the English Version in the Countrys getting no localized Version.

Of course, even if there was a localised version (like Space Hulk: Death Angel has), I would wait until I get the English version. There's only so much butchery of language I can take .

#8 Mackey79

Mackey79

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:19 AM

I got the English version on 22/04. They had it since 21/04 and e-mailed me to say I could pick up my pre-order.

I'm from Belgium by the way....

Grtz

#9 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

The german version is really ok, no reason to not buy it. And it is cheaper than the english one.

#10 DarthJalapeno

DarthJalapeno

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:19 PM

jogo said:

The german version is really ok, no reason to not buy it. And it is cheaper than the english one.

Sounds great! Alas it's in german - no go.

#11 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

In one of the stores in Poland they have it already in English version - that's the good news so Easter with LOTR LCG - here I come!

So in middle Europe it's in stores.

#12 Primus_Magicus

Primus_Magicus

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

I am from holland as well, can only hope for quick shipping. (still waiting for bleeding sun from W:I.....)

#13 Casamyr

Casamyr

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

As far as I know here in New Zealand there is still no release date for LOTRlcg (I'd say maybe another 2-3 months before release - The FFG version of Civilization took about 4 months to arrive here) which is why I bought from the states (plus I can get it for less than 1/2 the price than I would have paid for it here. I still have to wait a week or so for it to arrive, but at least, I will be able to get my hands on a copy far sooner than is possible here.

#14 Infyra

Infyra

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

Still waiting, no news at all (maybe due to easter weekend). Still hoping the print run didn't get depleted before our select european and pacific countries got their copies.

#15 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,285 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:13 AM

My FLGS updated their site to show they received the game today. Placed my order, with their normal shipping, I should pick my order on Friday.

#16 Infyra

Infyra

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:52 AM

One of the webshops I order from got their shipment with FFG items today, they got CoC teror of the tides and Aspirations of Ascension asylum packs plus AGoT: Gates of the Citadel. No LoTR, maybe next week.

#17 DarthJalapeno

DarthJalapeno

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

It appears as if Science Fiction Bokhandeln in Stockholm, Sweden has the core set in stock now - according to their webpage www.sfbok.se.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS