Photo

Here comes the questions, after one game...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DrNate

DrNate

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

First game, Mirkwood scenario, Beoen's path, with the Leadership deck. I won with 51 points, but I'm not all the way sure that I played correctly.

What happens when Treachery cards are revealed as shadow cards? There's no "Shadow:" text on them, but there is "When Revealed" but I don't think that counts. Or does it?

At some point in the rulebook or tutorial, it said when you draw a Treachery card, you had to resolve it and then draw another card. Is that really a rule or did I imagine it? If so, when does that rule take effect?

46 Threat + 8 threat on dead Theodred (he got that spider web treachery on him and never even had enough resources to untap; Resources are at a premium in this game) + 6 wounds on Aragorn and Gloin - 9 for two defeated monsters = 51. Does that sound right?

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:48 PM

If no shadow text when drawing as a shadow card nothing happens at all. It's basically a dud.

#3 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

Isn't it vexing Toq that the people that know less than us about the game got it before us? Ha ha ha...

#4 Watcher

Watcher

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:00 PM

Unnecessary remark.

DrNate has a question. He bought the game with good money, and came here in good faith for help from this community. Let him ask it without the editorial. I hope Toq doesn't bother to reply to it.

#5 EvilEdwin

EvilEdwin

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

I don't think you draw another card after you resolve a Treachery. I just had a look and couldn't see that rule.

#6 Acererak

Acererak

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

Encounter cards drawn as shadow Card just apply their Shadow effects, if any. If they don´t have, then discard without effect.

Treachery cards don´t apply and then redraw. This just happen when drawing an Objective card for example, to redraw the Encounter card that will protect it. Or with some Monsters with the Surge trait. Otherwise, apply and discard.

Hope it helps

#7 pumpkin

pumpkin

• Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

Acererak said:

Treachery cards don´t apply and then redraw. This just happen when drawing an Objective card for example, to redraw the Encounter card that will protect it.  

What are you basing that on? On P.24 of the rule book it explains what to do with a treachery card if that is drawn to cover an objective card. You resolve the treachery card immediately, and this counts as resolving it, meaning the objective is then free to obtain.

Where does it say you redraw another card to cover the objective in addition to the treachery card?

EDIT: Ah, mis read your post. You were just stating that the only time you redraw is if you draw an objective card. This sentence has nothing to do with the previous one about treachery cards... my bad.

#8 DrNate

DrNate

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:25 PM

Acererak said:

Treachery cards don´t apply and then redraw. This just happen when drawing an Objective card for example, to redraw the Encounter card that will protect it. Or with some Monsters with the Surge trait. Otherwise, apply and discard.

That's the rule I was thinking of. When you draw with the intent to attach it to an Objective card. But it appears that you just resolve the card and don't draw another to replace it. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS