Multiple Core Sets

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 midloo

midloo

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:44 AM

I recently purchased one single core set of Battlelore.  I'm really enjoying it.  I have the Epic expansion and one of the scenarios needs two core boxes of Battlelore. 

A friend saw that I was getting into the game and offered to sell me an additional 2 full core sets of Battlelore.  It seems like the most core sets you would ever need would be 2.  Is there any use for having 3 full core sets of the game?  Could you make one huge map out of 2 core set maps and the Epic expansion map? 

#2 caradoc

caradoc

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:05 AM

I own two sets, but only because when I play CtA I hate to use the levy counters.  It also means I have spare dice and cards should I need them in the future.

I can't imagine a use for three core sets unless you plan on really messing around with building scenarios and variants and what-not.

I don't think three maps would line up properly (art wise) - but of course, you would ignore the red lines and any gaps in the art and call each map a section.  Could be a fun way to play with 4 or 6 players and some modified Epic rules.  Could also be a fun way to play a seige or something similar.

Let us know if you try it!!

Cheers,

Giles.

#3 midloo

midloo

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:08 AM

Well I do like messing around with rules systems.  Maybe having 3 core sets is worth a go.  Thanks for the encouragment, Giles.  My wallet hates you, but I think you're alright

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS