Photo

To my GA/SC friends. An all day event idea.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Periculum

Periculum

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:19 AM

Hey guys. We got the most recent league kit and we were wondering what to do with it. Unfortunately, there are only a few reliable players around here and they can't quite support and event by themselves. I was wondering how many people would be interested in traveling to Augusta, GA for a one-day league? The idea is as follows:

The bring a new player achievement will be ignored.

The restricted list would be in observance.

Each player can bring as many decks built ahead of time as he wishes or change cards between games. This is to allow players to gain as many achievements as possible.

You play when you want and who you want. (No more than three games in a row against the same player)

A player's points for achievements are added to his points for W-L as well. 2 pts for a win, 1pt for a loss. At the end of the day, points will be tallied. The winner can choose a pin and gets the card box. Second place gets the other pin.

I've thought about an entry fee for this one which could include more prizes, but with the cost of gas lately, I feel it's better just to have a free entry and use the prizes from the kit. I might be able to muster up some of my extra cards that some players might need for more prizes.

Let me know what you think guys. I'd like to have an event with plenty of people for this one. I want something entertaining enough that it doesn't just feel like the stressful tournament environment that turns away some players.

#2 Periculum

Periculum

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

By all day, I mean ALL day. Both of our LGSs stay open late hours on Fri, Sat, and Sun.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS