Ala...Ala Nacho? Big Evil Spider AO + "Gate and Monster appear"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MrsGamura

MrsGamura

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

Big Evil Spider AO considers all gates opening to be considered a Gate Burst...so does this apply to Arkham Encouters where your unlucky enough to get a "Gate and Monster appear"?

I've been playing it as a yes!

Further more whenever you draw a Gate Burst card all flying monsters move and Big Evil Spider AO turns all the Mythos Cards (with a gate) into gate burst so basically all the flying monster are going to be moving?

#2 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

I am not sure that ALL openings are to be considered a gate burst.  The rules state that all Mythos cards should be treated as the gate bursts.  In that case, only a Mythos can cause a Gate Burst.  At least, that is how I take it.  But I guess if you go strictly off the AO card, tehn ALL openings should be considered gate bursts even if they come from Encounters.

Since all mythos are red, flying monsters will move every turn.  There is an open questions out there to make sure that is what Kevin really meant.

#3 Lance845

Lance845

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

MrsGamura said:

Big Evil Spider AO considers all gates opening to be considered a Gate Burst...so does this apply to Arkham Encouters where your unlucky enough to get a "Gate and Monster appear"?

Further more whenever you draw a Gate Burst card all flying monsters move and Big Evil Spider AO turns all the Mythos Cards (with a gate) into gate burst so basically all the flying monster are going to be moving?

Monsters don't move on a "gate and monster apears" card. Mythos cards make monsters move. The spider makes it so flying monsters move in addition to normal movment regardless of symbol. Since an encounter does not cause movment, and nothing moves anyway, flying don't move either.

#4 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

Lance845 said:

MrsGamura said:

Monsters don't move on a "gate and monster apears" card. Mythos cards make monsters move. The spider makes it so flying monsters move in addition to normal movment regardless of symbol. Since an encounter does not cause movment, and nothing moves anyway, flying don't move either.

I think there are 2 separate questions here:

1. Any time an encounter opens a gates, should it be considered a gate burst and pop the seal?
  2. When a Mythos is resolved, do flying monsters move?

#5 MrsGamura

MrsGamura

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

Yes they are two separate questions and it does make sense that an Arkham Encounter where "Gate and Monster Appear" would not count as a Gate Burst because Gate Burst deals with Mythos cards.

Too the flying part seem kosure that flying monster are gonna do allot of well "flying", so come to me Mi-Go!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS