Warhammer 40kRP Armory

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 unnownrelic

unnownrelic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:12 PM

Greetings, denizens of Fantasy Flight Games' forums! Have you ever wanted a handy place to look at equipment? A quick reference for that particular special weapon ability does? A side-by-side comparison of the various hulls of Rogue Trader? One place where you can look at the equipment for a Space Marine and an Acolyte without having to crack open two different books? Look no further than this handy quick reference guide! All included in an easy to use Excel sheet, this covers all four of FFG's 40kRP games: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, and now Black Crusade. It includes nearly every piece of player gear, their upgrades, their qualities, most vehicles, all the starships, and more! I've been posting this to another forum for quite some time now, and didn't even realize that FFG had their own forums, so I come now to you good sirs and ladies and present it, free for use for all!

There are two versions, different only in file extension, and both can be found below.

www.tiny.cc/40kRP_Armory

If for some reason clicking on the link doesn't work, feel free to just copy and paste it into your URL bar.

If, for some reason, this violates any copyrights, laws, or otherwise, I am more than willing to remove all traces of this from my files should Fantasy Flight Games request it, as well as delete this thread. No harm is intended. Also, I've posted this thread in the other three forums, as it pertains to their systems as well. Good luck, and happy dice rolling!

Last Updated: January 21, 2012

Current Version: 4.14.0121

#2 Raganui

Raganui

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

Useful from rank one super squishy Acolytes to Humanoid Tank Magos Throne Agents.

#3 schoon

schoon

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

Excellent work! Well worth the download.

Thank-you

#4 unnownrelic

unnownrelic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:57 AM

Enjoy good sir! I'll be updating it sometime next week or so when Daemon Hunters comes out, as well as whenever the Rogue Trader errata is released for Battlefleet Koronus.

#5 unnownrelic

unnownrelic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:10 AM

Hello again! I've recently updated the armory. Though it doesn't especially pertain to Dark Heresy, the newest Deathwatch errata was released a few days ago, and I finally got time to fix up a few things. So, here it is!

The .xls version for users of Office 97-2003

http://www.mediafire.com/?c2m54iwxjcsmqih

And the .xlsx for users with 2007 or newer

http://www.mediafire.com/?7t710bq1q8csaci

I'll update the first post as well with these new links. Enjoy!

Also, on a slightly related note, if there's anyone with database experience who'd like to help turn this into a functioning and easy-to-use database that can be sorted on the fly and all that, PM me. Thanks!

#6 unnownrelic

unnownrelic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

Hate to double post, but I just got bored and had to add the optional stuff to its own sheet. First post has been updated with the new versions!

#7 BangBangTequila

BangBangTequila

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:58 AM

Spectacular! Thanks for the hard work and excellent guide, no more flipping through 4 .PDFs while I try to arm my Acolytes.

Just as a note, when using Excel Starter 2010 (comes standard on most HP notebooks sold from Jan 2010 to ~March 2011) you need to enable editting before you can access the frozen panes, which include all of the weaponry.

#8 unnownrelic

unnownrelic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:55 AM

BangBangTequila said:

Spectacular! Thanks for the hard work and excellent guide, no more flipping through 4 .PDFs while I try to arm my Acolytes.

Just as a note, when using Excel Starter 2010 (comes standard on most HP notebooks sold from Jan 2010 to ~March 2011) you need to enable editting before you can access the frozen panes, which include all of the weaponry.

Oh really? Well that's problematic. I'll see if I can fix that. In fact, I didn't even know the panes were frozen or protected or anything like that. Thanks for the heads up!

#9 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:05 AM

I'm gonna add my thanks here, too. Excellent to have all the stuff available in a single document (FFG should add this to their website). I'm going to recommend this to my group. :)

current 40k RPG character: Aura Vashaan, Astromancer Witch-Priestess
previous characters: Captain Elias (Celestial Lions Chapter -- debriefed), Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors -- KIA), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose -- assassinated), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader Artemisia -- retired), Taleera "Raven" Nephran (Hive Ganger & Inquisitorial Assassin -- mindwiped)

#10 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:57 AM

This must have taken a very long time.  Please take some pleasure in knowing that it will be well used and totally appreciated. 

BZ

#11 unnownrelic

unnownrelic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

Thanks, as always! Enjoy it, and keep an eye on the thread for future updates as FFG releases new books. I may be slightly behind occasionally due to the expense of all them, but they'll get in one way or another!

In regards to the frozen panes business, would any of you prefer them to simply not be collapsed as they are? It would vastly increase the scrolling space unfortunately, but it would circumvent any problems without a more complicated fix. Let me know, I'll be working on the fix anyway just in case.

@BangBangTequila:

What sheets had this problem? All of the ones with collapsed sections? Or just the vehicles sheet with the collapsed header?

#12 BangBangTequila

BangBangTequila

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

What happened, and my reactions step by step:

1: Downloaded the up to date .xls file.

2: Opened file, clicked the various tabs with increasing frequency and frustration, no expansion anywhere.

3: Deleted with extreme prejudice and mutter profanity.

4: Rinse and repeat with louder profanity and the 97-2003 version.

5: Re-downloaded the 2007+, mucked about for about 5 minutes until I saw the little yellow-ish bar at the top that says I have to enable editing.

6: Clicked the little "Enable" button, opened the expandable tabs.

7: Tactical facepalm.

As you can see, it was my inexperience with Excel and lack of observation that made it an issue, anyone with a similar problem need only look to the top of their screen to enable the editting. As an opinion, I'd say don't bother doing anything, unless you with to release a non-tabbed version, which I would probably also like to have simply for a single, large table, as per the Inquisitor's Handbook, but the 'fix' is a single click on a button that automatically pops up when the file is opened.

#13 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:36 PM

unnownrelic said:

In regards to the frozen panes business, would any of you prefer them to simply not be collapsed as they are? It would vastly increase the scrolling space unfortunately, but it would circumvent any problems without a more complicated fix.
Hard to say. In my case, there's nothing frozen, but for some reason I find myself occasionally expanding the wrong table as the [+] icons don't seem to be displayed in the same row but always a bit lower - so much so that they're closer to the next entry. It's no big deal, but I figured I should point it out since you asked.

Perhaps try that IH-like uncollapsed table with a slightly smaller font?

The deluxe variant could even feature a DH-style background and come in PDF-format (circumventing any potential excel hassles for the readers), though I'm unsure how some of the other players managed to create such documents. I'd actually be very interesting in replicating this "book-lookalike" style myself.

previous characters: Captain Elias (Celestial Lions Chapter -- debriefed), Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors -- KIA), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose -- assassinated), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader Artemisia -- retired), Taleera "Raven" Nephran (Hive Ganger & Inquisitorial Assassin -- mindwiped)

#14 BangBangTequila

BangBangTequila

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

Lynata said:

The deluxe variant could even feature a DH-style background and come in PDF-format (circumventing any potential excel hassles for the readers), though I'm unsure how some of the other players managed to create such documents. I'd actually be very interesting in replicating this "book-lookalike" style myself.

+1. I'd love to see that as well, and i far prefer PDFs (Adobe makes a fine reader)

#15 wolph42

wolph42

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:05 AM

Looks very nice! impressive work. I noticed a couple of flaws at first glace:

gear: some descriptions are cut off mid sentence, looks like a copy paste error e.g. H161

ship upgrades: you have two identical headers ITS Specific, I'm guessing one should be rites of battle

One thing I unfortunately miss is the page number and the source of the items, this is really valuable. I'm also wondering how many people are doing the same job over and over again. E.g. I have also an excel sheet with well nearly everything though with a completely different setup. I've also come accross more than one sheet generator that again has (usually a slightly different set) of all the armoury entries. On the one hand I'm thinking 'can't we try to work together so its less work for all of us' on the other hand I do realise that we all do it differently anyway, my version can be found here. Maybe its usefull to you.

#16 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:29 AM

wolph42 said:

One thing I unfortunately miss is the page number and the source of the items, this is really valuable.
That's true. I should have mentioned that. Would make a good feature for a future version - perhaps the page numbers can be extracted from another player's sheet to make it less of a hassle to look everything up again...

Also: Interesting tool. o_o

#17 unnownrelic

unnownrelic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:41 AM

Page numbers? I can do page numbers!

@Wolph42: I'll get on those mistakes asap, thanks for the heads up! As for anything particularly fancy, I'm at a complete loss. Things like compressed rows are pretty much the extent of my excel ability. I'll see what I can do though! Also, I think I've looked into that stuff before for actually playing. I always thought it was neat how you could do the game table that way.

@Lynata: That's how excel is unfortunately. All the + signs are exactly one row lower than the header they expand. When I first added the feature I tried to find a way around it, but apart from putting the headers actually underneath the sections they cover, there's no way to move that higher. That said, if I'm mistaken and someone does know how, let me know! I'm always willing to learn.

@BangBangTequila: Good lord, that's terrible. I'm truly sorry that happened. In the future, I'll look into the pdf suggestion the others had. With any luck, that will prevent such a thing from happening, not to mention it's usually nicer to scroll through a PDF than an excel sheet that's just rows and rows of rectangles.

#18 wolph42

wolph42

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:24 PM

? I can't remember asking for anything fancy *checking post* nope, nothing there. As I said I like it and maybe my own xls might be usefull for you (e.g. to get the page numbers and references from).

As for the + signs. there is an alternative (wel two actually, and prolly more, the second being pivot tables): autofilters. I think that's way more usefull for your excel setup but that is a matter of opinion. If you're using filters you need to put all the info on one line and then the lot beneath each other. What you get is quite similar to my own sheet but yours has different (and quite usefull btw) info. This way you can e.g. filter for all 'hive world' weapons or all 'launch' weapons etc.

You keep basically the same but make it more condensed and easier to access. I've done services of your xls file to give you an idea of what I mean. You can find it here

It's a lot less fancy, but way more practical (it usually seems that these two are mutually exclusive)

#19 Idaho

Idaho

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:25 AM

thanks a lot

#20 unnownrelic

unnownrelic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

@Wolph: I see. I'll check that out too then. Thanks!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS