• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Silverwave

Silverwave

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:52 AM

Hi!

I've buyed this game and totally loved it! We're a group of friends who used to play older Civilization board games now and then with 5 or 6 players. Now, this game is made for 4 players, but since there's 6 civilizations playable and few map tiles not used, It would be fairly easy to make it a 5 or 6 player game. The biggest problem is that there's a limited number of building tokens, only 4 packs of technology cards, only 4 color of tokens etc. So, obviously, it would need adding some game pieces. Now, if FFG would sell a small expansion with needed game pieces to make it a 5 or 6 player game, would you buy it?

#2 Cutoid

Cutoid

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:18 AM

Definitely - 5 or 6 is my usual group so I'd love an Expansion.

#3 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:11 PM

I'll buy the expansion when it comes out. Not if. When.

Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum

#4 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:12 PM

The only problem with making it a 5 or 6 player game as i see it is that it might be hard to build a pentagonal or hexagonal map with square map pieces.

#5 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:59 AM

Granted that a triangle was easy enough to make...

#6 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:02 AM

Then again a 5x5 map could be used for a 5 player game with one player having the advantage of starting in the center of the map. If that indeed IS an advantage. When you start in a corner you at least have 2 sides protected from enemy forces from the start...

#7 yinkou

yinkou

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:03 AM

I'll definitely get an extension.

#8 SirThom

SirThom

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

I created a 5 and six player map, it is really simple, you just need more tiles.

And the world has to wrap around.

<0X00X00X0>

<000000000>

<000000000>

<0X00X00X0>

WIth this setup each area is the same as the original game.  <> = wraparound area.

Only wrapping around from left and right, not top and bottom.

JoeM

OH, yeah, to get 5 players I created a Tile that is all water, and would replace one of the outer starting areas with it.

(edit) If you really want to play with six players have the others chip in, and get a second copy of the game.

Then when and if an expansion comes out, just sell it on Boardgamegeek.com or trade it, or give it for a christmass present, or play a few games, and give the player who wins the most, the other copy.  :)  

#9 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:22 AM

I would like to see an expansion come out for this game. Not only is a larger game a must, but Napoleon of France is sorely missing from my Civ experience. And the Earth needs more ocean. Lots more. :P

#10 kcjones2000

kcjones2000

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:18 AM

I have experimented with the 5 player game set up as well. It is amazing at the different worlds that can be created with a little bit of patience and a lot of shuffling tiles around.

What I did not do was incorporate the wrap-around world. That has a touch of what the Eagle Games version of Civilization introduced. A massive board game that now (believe it or not) makes more sense since I have become a devote player of Fantasy Flight's Civilization. 

The previously mentioned idea of placing a player in the middle of the map is wonderful especially with the wrap around world idea. There would not be a disadvantage that any player has as a result of his/her placement with that concept. This is an  idea that really is worth exploring from the game setup perspective.

kcjones2000

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS