• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 jer

jer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:26 AM

Hello fellow Deathwatchers!  :)

I've been scouring the web since I picked up the Deathwatch book in hopes of finding a recruiting Deathwatch pbp game.

I see other people here looking for the same thing.

I am coming up empty in my search. I find abandoned ones, or ones where nobody replies to inquiries about joining.

Surely there are enough people perusing this forum to put together a game. So whattya say?

Lets play some Deathwatch!

If you are interested in playing, reply below. And if you are interested in GM-ing note that too. I'm not in a position to run a game right now but I'd gladly play if someone would want to run one.

I have webspace if we need a message board to play on.

Lets do this!

#2 crisaron

crisaron

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:44 AM

Check Nerbound forums. I listen to their podcast and they have a few pbp.

#3 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:51 AM

Well I would be interested in trying it out. :) Didn't find anything myself either.

#4 jer

jer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:59 AM

That's 2!!!!!  :)

Its a funny thing. We strike out in search of games when we are probably the most likely to find something right here at the publishers site.

:)

I'd love to find a local group and get some face to face gaming in, but it just wont happen. Nobody around here plays this stuff. Its all D&D or card games.

Pretty much all of my gaming anymore is PBP.

#5 jer

jer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:48 AM

Thanks for the tip Crisaron.

Hey Gurkhal, try this thread:

http://www.nerdbound...&p=22391#p22391

I think I'm in on that one. They may have another spot.

We can always get a 2nd going if we get a few more interested here.

#6 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:59 AM

I''ve registered and made a post over there. Lets hope for some good luck for us both. :) Otherwise I stand with you to the end, brother!

#7 jer

jer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:28 AM

I saw that.

Now we just need to see if we are joining an existing game or starting over. 

#8 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:18 AM

Yeah, we'll have to wait and see how this turns out.

#9 Nalerenn

Nalerenn

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:55 AM

Hmm, depending on size and timezones, I think I might be able to handle one... Part of the reason I dropped out of the two I was in was because everyone was in a different timezone, so in the end, I felt like I had zero real meaning. Everything had already happened while I was asleep IRL.

#10 jer

jer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

I'm in the central time zone in the USA. 

GMT -6 I believe. -5 maybe....

#11 Nalerenn

Nalerenn

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:37 PM

Hmm... Might not be the best, but I think it's doable assuming people don't thunder on ahead past 5AM GMT =p Count me in!

#12 jer

jer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:39 AM

How would time zone be a problem in play by post?

I wasnt picturing doing anything live. Just post daily or every other day, as you are available. 

#13 ygnar

ygnar

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:13 AM

Is there still room in this thing? If so, what are your views of custom chapters?

#14 Nalerenn

Nalerenn

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:13 AM

jer said:

I wasnt picturing doing anything live. Just post daily or every other day, as you are available. 

As I said, I was in two others, but because the majority of posts were when I was asleep, I basically got left behind in everything.

#15 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

Nalerenn said:

jer said:

As I said, I was in two others, but because the majority of posts were when I was asleep, I basically got left behind in everything.

Well if you had said a word, we could have added an additional day delay, I'm sure.

Alex

#16 Nalerenn

Nalerenn

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

ak-73 said:

Nalerenn said:

jer said:

Well if you had said a word, we could have added an additional day delay, I'm sure.

Alex

I know, but I didn't want to hold the game up, either ^^;; It was just me, so why should everyone else have to slow down for me? Hopefully, I can join in a game that already works in regards to my timezone, but if not, I'd rather make way for someone who can keep up.

#17 jer

jer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:08 AM

I'm confused. 

I'm referring to play by post. 

The GM posts, the players post when they can get around to it. 

Repeat. (more or less)

Getting in 3-4 posts per week would be what I would expect. Thats 1 every 2 days on average.

Regardless of what time zone anyone is in, thats 48 hrs between GM posts. Plenty of time to check the game and give your PCs 2 cents.  

#18 Nalerenn

Nalerenn

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:26 AM

Basically, the vast majority of posts where decisions were made were posted when I was asleep. By the time I had gotten around to making my own posts, people had already discussed, decided and moved on from the topic.

But either way, it shouldn't be a problem here, I think. Where's the game being held?

#19 jer

jer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:26 AM

Ah I see.

We dont have anything rolling yet. Just a few interested players.

4 maybe?

Jer

Gurkhal

Nalerenn

Ygnar

Gurkhal and I found a game here: http://www.nerdbound...wforum.php?f=28

I'd be up for a 2nd one. If someone wants to run something.

As for where, whatever works. As long as its not blocked where I work I'm fine with wherever.

I hate this forum, any place that doesnt have email notification of posts is a big thumbs down.

#20 Swampdowg

Swampdowg

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:52 AM

If you guys are in need of another, count me in. Up for any of the 40k RPG's. Can post daily, am located in the Central time zone. Just give me a shout if there is a spot open.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS