Stat question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PearlJamaholic

PearlJamaholic

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:59 PM

im working on creating a spreadsheet that breaks down the ratio of gates in mythos cards (will do gate cards sometime). instead of having skyscrapers of mythos and gate decks i figure once i get the ratios i can make 100 card decks or 125 or whatever without ruining the balance. now i was wondering if/how i should count gate bursts? if i count them seperate i still need to include them with the normal gates too, cause if the gate isnt sealed the bursts is irrelevent. but if i count them as a value higher than 1 and just put those with the normal gates i ruin the %. id end up with more than 100% of total cards in the mythos deck........ so how should i account for gate bursts??

im breaking them down my expansion so i can see how they were balanced then im keeping an on going tally to see if that changes over expansions. i realize i may have to get into the nitty-gritty when i make custom deck so clue token appearance stays balanced along with monster movement, etc. but im starting at step one first.

#2 MrsGamura

MrsGamura

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:14 PM

Some you want to play everything but don't want all the cards. Simple answer don't play everything but if you must and want things balaced just replace the base Arkham games Mythis cards with Mythos cards from other sets. For example Gate a Witch house replace with another Sets gate at Witch House, etc and about every 5 Witch House gates cards punt a Gate Burst in their, etc.

Tryo to keep Environments, Rumors, Headlines even too, etc

but really don't play everything it pretty lame beause you get Zero theme at it's a little to random at most I do 3 sets but usally stick with a big + little expansion.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS