• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:35 AM

Hi everyone,

We found a good solution for drawing characters.  We have use it already in our games.

This way, you have no problems with colors, when picking a character, and you don't have to shuffle them all!

It's ultimate random!

Character Draw Tokens

This is what you need:

A bag:

Tokens:

Stickers:

Give the tokens a number:

+ Print out a sheet of all the existing characters and give them a number. 

+  I choose for alphabetical order.

End result

Let's draw the characters!

You are ready to play the game!

#2 danjr

danjr

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

Wow I like that idea immensely.  If I had the patience I'd actually make icons on each sticker of the character.

Thanks for presenting that idea.

#3 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

Nice idea! I like the suggestion for icons too. I sense a small project coming on...

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#4 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:34 PM

Great idea! I'm going to use it but a little modified, I don't have enough buttons, so I'll print some coloured squares and I'll just write Character numbers on them. But I'll need to think later to make them more durable.

Enter the Talisman Island!

#5 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

Hi Nemomon,

Decades ago I bought 30 sided dices for a game, the dice were transparent and it was kinda hard to see what numbers was rolled, my solution was to use technical ink pen called "rapidograf" to filled the groove with black ink so the number would be easy to see and to make it durable I added a light coat of clear varnish.

30 years latter they still look great and the number are still as easy to see as before, maybe this could also work for printed number!!

Cheers

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS