Some rules issues (first post)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Organous

Organous

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:56 AM

Aloha, everyone!  I do not really care for the flavor of this game, nor do I like the Warhammer universe.  However, I do really love how this game plays!  It works out so well and is such a strong mental competition between all players.  I strongly look forward to acquiring the expansion.  I just found this board, and would like to see if I can get some rules issue resolved.

* The Great Unclean One is upgraded and Field of Carnage is in his region.  Nurgle wants to get some corruption in the region, but doesn't want to risk giving Khorne free food with cultists.  Is Nurgle able to resummon him within that same region?  We checked the rulebook and the FAQ.  Neither answered this specific thing.  The idea is that Nurgle wants to just get the one dial advancement but make Khorne work for his (all other regions being too dangerous to risk cultists, he was rather dominating the board).  Our consensus was that even though Nurgle isn't going to another region, the summoning process always has the figure go away from wherever he is into wherever he is being summoned.  Magic players can compare this to Flicker effects.  Otherwise think of it like going into a void and then reappearing.

* When looking through the FAQ, I've found that Reborn in Blood does not allow hits to carry over between battles.  Fair enough.  The battle example of the rule book states with Blood Frenzy, the hits could be stored.  I assume the FAQ is correct on Reborn in Blood, but does the battle example have yet another error in it?

#2 Mr. Djingles

Mr. Djingles

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:56 AM

Concerning summoning: you can always summon that same unit you have in a certain region to the same region or the region near the one you had your unit in.

Concerning Khorne dice rolled before battle: you should decide either kill figures right away before the battle or inflict wounds on some figures to just kill em afterwards - during the battle.

#3 Organous

Organous

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:21 AM

The issue is not whether I can summon in the same region.  The issue is whether I can summon to there from there while Khorne's card says nobody can be summoned away.

#4 Mr. Djingles

Mr. Djingles

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:52 AM

Organous said:

The issue is not whether I can summon in the same region.  The issue is whether I can summon to there from there while Khorne's card says nobody can be summoned away.

Nope, that's not possible since Khorne card denies your units from being summoned from the region. Since basically resummoning to the same region is the same procedure as summoning units from that region to any other.
So, no, you can not summon units from the region when Khorne's card denies that. But you can always summon more figures to that region from anywhere on the board or from your hand.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS