Game Specific Components?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Esperologist

Esperologist

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:48 PM

I am unable to find any signs that game specific components are purchasable.

Last night, pop was spilled on a portion of my Sid Meier's Civilization, and I was hoping to order replacements.

Damaged componets:
- 3 map tiles, one is a civ-specific tile
- some tech cards, yellow
- 1 city tile, yellow
- 1 government deck
- 7 various building tiles

All components are currently pressed between books, in hopes of minimzing the damage (although, off colour backs makes random maping harder).

So, is it not possible to order specific game components?
ie:
- set of regular map tiles
- tech deck (choose color)
- city tiles
- building tiles
- government decks

#2 Shub-Niggurath

Shub-Niggurath

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:55 AM

FFG customer service often replace lost, missing or damaged components if you email them - although they don't sell individual items.

Some ebay sellers open game boxes and sell the components as spares or replacements - I've bought some this way.

#3 XShagrath

XShagrath

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:21 AM

A friend of mine had a couple cards/components missing/broken  out of a couple of his games he bought used off of eBay recently.  He contacted FFG direct via email (don't know which address) and they are replacing his components at no charge.  You might try to contact their Customer Service for better results.

#4 Drewgie

Drewgie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

I sent customer service a replacement request and it seemed to go through but there was no email stating that they got my message and could help me. 

if anyone has had an item replaced did FF games reply back that they got your request and could assist you?

I would like to know because the Lord of the Ring game I purchased off amazon was factory sealed yet the custom die was absent from the game.  I really would like to get a replacement rather than return the game to the seller.

If you know anything or could direct me to the correct place to make an item request please let me know.

thanks!

#5 Shub-Niggurath

Shub-Niggurath

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:17 AM

I've only ever made 3 enquiries to FFG customer service. Not sure if my experience is typical but for what it's worth:

1. To query a delayed delivery - they replied with a helpful email.

2. To ask for a missing component - no email but the item arrived in the post about 2 weeks later as I had given my address.

3. This month to ask a question - nothing but the automated reply so far, but its been less than a week.

The automated email means that they have got your email.

I've also made rule enquieies and these have been answered in a few days by email.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS