Fainting gnomes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tyrichter

Tyrichter

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:00 AM

One more question about fainting. Well, maybe two :)

- If my gnome drinks ONE grog, does he have to do faint checks for the rest of all game, or does he only do one faint check for every grog drunk?

- If BLUE gnome fails to pass the faint check and falls on the floor, what comes next? a) Am I supposed to move the BLUE time marker ten spaces forward, immediately causing more disasters to happen? b) Or should i move the ghost time marker (WHITE) ten spaces forward, which doesn´t cause anything to happen, and when everybody passes that point, blue gnome comes back to life from that time point he fainted on (BLUE marker stays where it was)?

I think that´s all :) Since now I played A version. Gnome faints, lot of stuff happens.

#2 DoomTurtle

DoomTurtle

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:47 AM

Tyrichter said:

One more question about fainting. Well, maybe two :)

- If my gnome drinks ONE grog, does he have to do faint checks for the rest of all game, or does he only do one faint check for every grog drunk?

- If BLUE gnome fails to pass the faint check and falls on the floor, what comes next? a) Am I supposed to move the BLUE time marker ten spaces forward, immediately causing more disasters to happen? b) Or should i move the ghost time marker (WHITE) ten spaces forward, which doesn´t cause anything to happen, and when everybody passes that point, blue gnome comes back to life from that time point he fainted on (BLUE marker stays where it was)?

I think that´s all :) Since now I played A version. Gnome faints, lot of stuff happens.

For each grog a gnome drinks, his faint check number moves up by one, to a maximum of four.  You only make one faint check on the turn you drink grog.  So if you drink two in one turn, your number goes up by two, but you only make one faint check.  You don't make anymore faint checks on future turns unless you use another grog tile.

When the blue gnome faints, his blue marker moves forward 10 spaces causing more bad stuff to happen.  Also remember, you check to see if any fainted gnomes die at the start of every player's update phase.  So if during an update, the blue gnome's room catches on fire, or floods to high level, the next player must either put the fire out or reflow the water to low level, otherwise when that player's update phase begins, the blue gnome will die.

#3 Tyrichter

Tyrichter

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:38 AM

Thank you very much.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS