Legends - is comming!

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

Ok, so it's official now. But I wonder will we see it before summer? When I look at the upcoming page it has a release date of late spring 2011 so there's hope.

#2 SteveQ

SteveQ

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

I am new to this game so still catching up with all the battle packs and other releases but these Legend Cards look very, very cool indeed!

#3 N0rdicNinja

N0rdicNinja

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:40 AM

Just picked up the game this week and I'm super pumped by this announcement! =D

#4 Kragg

Kragg

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:42 AM

Planeswalker here we go!

#5 N0rdicNinja

N0rdicNinja

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:45 AM

It does have a very Planeswalker feel to it. =P But it's interaction with the capital board makes it quite unique at the same time. Are there going to be any Legends that provide different Power ratings to the 3 zones? Or will each zone always receive the same benefit?

#6 wyrm187

wyrm187

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:36 AM

this is so awesome. I have a question : If a player with a legend is attacking the other player, when the defending player goes to assign his combat damage he cannot target the legend correct? because the legend just adds his power to the zone? If I am understanding it correctly - the legend can only be targeted individually by the other player when they are attacking and possible through some unseen cards that affect legends? so stoked - thanks

#7 swingjunkie

swingjunkie

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:12 AM

Hey SteveQ or NOrdicNinja,

I may well be getting out of the game very soon (love it, but only 1 other player remotely near who makes his own decks). I have 3x of ALL the cards all the way up to the Morrslieb Cycle in great condition that I may well part with for $135 plus shipping, which is less than half of what you could get them for even on Thoughthammer. Just let me know if you're interested.

#8 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

Whoah, this looks pretty freaking rockin'. So looking forward to this. It might very well be enough to get me playing the game again.

#9 N0rdicNinja

N0rdicNinja

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

swingjunkie said:

Hey SteveQ or NOrdicNinja,

I may well be getting out of the game very soon (love it, but only 1 other player remotely near who makes his own decks). I have 3x of ALL the cards all the way up to the Morrslieb Cycle in great condition that I may well part with for $135 plus shipping, which is less than half of what you could get them for even on Thoughthammer. Just let me know if you're interested.

Very interested!

#10 Entropy42

Entropy42

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

wyrm187 said:

this is so awesome. I have a question : If a player with a legend is attacking the other player, when the defending player goes to assign his combat damage he cannot target the legend correct? because the legend just adds his power to the zone? If I am understanding it correctly - the legend can only be targeted individually by the other player when they are attackingpossible through some unseen cards that affect legends? so stoked - thanks

Have to wait for the official rules for confirmation, but I believe the Legend can be assigned combat damage by defenders when it attacks.  And yeah, they look pretty cool.  Potentially very powerful, but also not that many HP.  I can imagine it will be difficult to keep them alive.  Hard for your opponent to ignore a threat like that on the board.

#11 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:35 PM

I got a news from a good source that this Deluxe will hit stores in June 2011. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

#12 N0rdicNinja

N0rdicNinja

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:14 AM

Looking forward to it!

#13 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:22 AM

Ok, I got a official information from the Spain publisher. Legends will be in stores in May 2011. And with it or right after it will come Signs In The Stars. And about Sign In The Stars  - I've got a new preview card for You (from Spainish publisher).

Juggernaut Of Khorne - cost 6 C C C - 3P 4HP - Creature - Action: When this unit attacks, sacrifice X development to search the top 5 card of Your deck for a unit wtih printed cost X and put it into Your Battlefield attacking.

Cool isn't it? Can't wait for this Deluxe and all battlepack from this cycle.

#14 Kragg

Kragg

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:15 AM

Dude I do apreciate your happyness and I'm glad for you... but srly, this card is rly THAT lame. Makes you sacrifice your development with all these verena outside the window? or with these new development-buildings?  yea that's rly briliant!

#15 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:24 AM

Yes, but You seem to forget that this is only one of upcoming cards. Besides if You are good informed then You would know that many new Chaos cards have a effect based on sacrifice of developments - that's a bad news.

We will see what future will bring, I just hope that more better cards.

#16 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

ffgfan said:

I got a news from a good source that this Deluxe will hit stores in June 2011. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Incorrect.  Sorry man...you REALLY need a better source, methinks!  :P

#17 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

Wytefang said:

Incorrect.  Sorry man...you REALLY need a better source, methinks!  :P

This is not my source - this is the news from a publisher from Spain. And read correctly - I wrote - May 2011 in the next news. It's the release date from EdgeEnt.com - Spain. So in June 2011 it should be avaliable in Europe according to this. And I was looking there was a couple of last month for release dates and they were correct. Of course they are updated when the game changes status, so this can change. But the last dates that they showed like Omens Of Ruin or The Chaos Moon were correct.

#18 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:05 AM

Don't hold your breath, that's all I'm telling ya.  These release dates never seem terribly accurate, in my experience.

#19 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:01 AM

Wytefang said:

Don't hold your breath, that's all I'm telling ya.  These release dates never seem terribly accurate, in my experience.

I can not agrue with that. The release date can change depending on the status of the game. At this point Edge Ent. says that it will be released in May but in few weeks this can change even to September. I will keep my eye on it becouse this is going to be better then all battle packs from Morrslieb cycle.

#20 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:20 PM

Keep doing your thing ffgfan. You were right the last time you were told that you needed a new source. Your source seems pretty accurate for the most part. Thanks for the update.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS