• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

Okay, so start off with the Fireball:

1) Timing. "Cast when you are about to engage in battle." I'm guessing that means step #2 under resolving battles.

2) Usage. Does it replace the battle? Say a Wizard with this spell lands on another char and choose to encounter them. He now has a choice between: Battle, Psychic Combat or Spell (I'm guessing no, since the spell mentions "battle", while other spells Summon Stormcrow specify psychic combat)? Or is the Spell in addtion to Battle, possibly allowing the Wizard to knock 2 Life off a char? What if you use it when someone else attacks you?

Immobility (asked on BGG, but might as well re-do here):

I finally  picked up my Upgrade pack and Reaper expansion this week, noticed that Immobility spell has wording that would make it far less useful than it used to be, which was "cast as required". The current wording being:

"Cast at the start of a character's turn, before he moves. If cast on on a character, he is immobilised...(snip). If cast on a creature, it cannot be attacked but may be evaded until the end of the turn."

Definately reads as though you can't roll, move, draw a card (creature) and cast to evade it. However, in the rulebook (downloadable one, if it makes a difference) on page 18, under "Example of crossing the Sentinel Bridge", the Sorceress moves and then casts Immobility to evade the Sentinel. Rules blunder or card text error?

Immobility used to be one of the few ways to avoid Raiders, which did get nerfed, but I'll be keeping my BI Raiders in the box, to pull out and show what the Raiders actually do.

And since posting questions, top it off with Transmute:

Does it affect a Weapon/Armour kept in Concealed Pouch? Or should we just take CP as being immune to anything another player tries to do (other than killing you and then taking all your stuff)?

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#2 RiCHiE

RiCHiE

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

Dam said:

Okay, so start off with the Fireball:

1) Timing. "Cast when you are about to engage in battle." I'm guessing that means step #2 under resolving battles.

2) Usage. Does it replace the battle? Say a Wizard with this spell lands on another char and choose to encounter them. He now has a choice between: Battle, Psychic Combat or Spell (I'm guessing no, since the spell mentions "battle", while other spells Summon Stormcrow specify psychic combat)? Or is the Spell in addtion to Battle, possibly allowing the Wizard to knock 2 Life off a char? What if you use it when someone else attacks you?

Immobility (asked on BGG, but might as well re-do here):

I finally  picked up my Upgrade pack and Reaper expansion this week, noticed that Immobility spell has wording that would make it far less useful than it used to be, which was "cast as required". The current wording being:

"Cast at the start of a character's turn, before he moves. If cast on on a character, he is immobilised...(snip). If cast on a creature, it cannot be attacked but may be evaded until the end of the turn."

Definately reads as though you can't roll, move, draw a card (creature) and cast to evade it. However, in the rulebook (downloadable one, if it makes a difference) on page 18, under "Example of crossing the Sentinel Bridge", the Sorceress moves and then casts Immobility to evade the Sentinel. Rules blunder or card text error?

Immobility used to be one of the few ways to avoid Raiders, which did get nerfed, but I'll be keeping my BI Raiders in the box, to pull out and show what the Raiders actually do.

And since posting questions, top it off with Transmute:

Does it affect a Weapon/Armour kept in Concealed Pouch? Or should we just take CP as being immune to anything another player tries to do (other than killing you and then taking all your stuff)?

Fireball: compared to the wording on the cards, this is not so clear.  I would say it is when attacked or have been attacked by another character.

My guess is that it is in addition to combat.

Immobility: The sentinal is classed as a creature so it can be evaded.

Transmute: CP is immune.

#3 jimmeray

jimmeray

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

Fireball- We play it in addition to battle.

Immobolized- You can cast it at the start of your characters turn, you just have to hope you roll high enough to pass the sentinel.

Concealed Pouch- CP can not be affected by spells.

I would like to add a couple of CP questions. 1) Can you use objects that are in the pouch? Logically, I say no, but then what use is it? If the whirlwind blows it away does the object go with it or do you roll the object as well?

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:36 AM

RiCHiE said:

That part I have no problem with, it's just that in the rules example, the Sorceress rolls, moves and THEN casts Immobility, which based on the wording on the card isn't allowed. Similarly, Immobility has lost ALL usefulness against Creatures you draw from the Adventure deck, since you've already moved by the time you draw card(s).

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#5 Roy

Roy

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:27 PM

jimmeray said:

use objects that are in the pouch? Logically, I say no, but then what use is it? If the whirlwind blows it away does the object go with it or do you roll the object as well?

Yes you can (read over the equiping rules though - if you use a weapon it is out of the pouch and if it breaks for example you have lost your weapon), and it it is immune to whirlwind.

#6 Roy

Roy

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:31 PM

Dam said:

RiCHiE said:

That part I have no problem with, it's just that in the rules example, the Sorceress rolls, moves and THEN casts Immobility, which based on the wording on the card isn't allowed. Similarly, Immobility has lost ALL usefulness against Creatures you draw from the Adventure deck, since you've already moved by the time you draw card(s).

I wouldn't bother with the rules on that one - go for the fun factor - cast at the start of your turn or before any combat sounds good.

Seems to be an error.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS