Photo

What was your favorite Story/Part in The King in Yellow?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Patches the Drow

Patches the Drow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:56 AM

It's been quite some time since I've read it, but I've found how few people know Robert W. Chambers to be rather shocking.  You can see where Lovecraft got some of his ideas and the stories--both the Gothic and the Romantic--are quite entertaining.

I personally like The Yellow Sign where the weird tales are concerned, and I would perhaps say where the romantic tales are concerned, Rue Baree and Our Lady of the Fields are about equal.  The latter two stories I love because the dialogue is great, and The Yellow Sign is just flat-out eerie.

Anybody else have a favorite or two?

#2 vortexgods

vortexgods

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

Well, so far I've only read "The Repairer of Reputations" but I liked it quite a lot.

#3 SammyBoyFTW

SammyBoyFTW

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Even though this is a year old topic, the FIRST HALF OF THE BOOK IS THE BEST.

Really disappointed when it regressed into a collection of romance stories. He was on such a roll! Hell, if there had been some sort of hidden connection between those stories, such as metaphors for matters within the King in Yellow, I would have bloody loved it! Alas :(

Gotta love those poems/couplets: The Prophet's Paradise. So vague yet intriguing, lots of stuff to nut out :D 

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS