Here is my proposal about tournament rules:
1. Every team (1 to 4 players) should prepare Player deck’s and one Encounter deck corresponding to given Quest.
2. Teams are paired and in given Quest Team 1 will fight against Encounter deck of Team 2 and vice versa.
3. During the first Round of Team 1, Team 2 act as referee. After that Team 2 starts his first round with Team 1 as referee and so on.
4. Match last till one team finish his Quest or both teams finished their Quests.
5. After that, team which scores better result is a winner and moves to next phase.
6. Depend how many teams participate, there can be different Quest in each phase of tournament.
Of course before tournament should be known what Quests will be used and how to build Encounter deck (how many cards and what types).
Any comments and suggestions?