Storage Solutions for Arkham Horror Fans

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Madmaestro

Madmaestro

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:20 AM

Arkham Horror is a fun game that has many  expansions to add for hours of play. However many fans have been having the same problem, card and expansion storage. With multiple expansions, the amount of cards and extra material soon becomes cumbersome and hard to track. Many of us have a few simple suggestions to solve this problem and make it easier on all of us.

1) With the release of Miskatonic horror, many fans are hoping for a specialized tray, for holding all or most of the components together.

User Ivan Kerensky points out - "Make it so we can stock into Miskatonic box all the cards from the whole game sorted out. Just custom the plastic tray so it can hold the cards in several neat stack. I am pretty sure you are able to do so and finnaly cure FFG of its only curse : useless box filled (while AH are among the most usefull)."  and many of us agree with this suggestion, and would like to see this in the upcoming expansion.

2) If that is not possible, we would  like to see some affordable storage options available as accessories. A place to keep all of our supplies together without the fear of losing components or forgetting something will save us time. I see Arkham Horror card trays and boxes being very popular among the fans of the game.

Below this, throughout this thread, you will see  all of the fans that are hoping for this change. This way, you can see the customer support for this Idea.

#2 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:15 AM

I have this feeling that we are too late to affect the items in MH. If they are spoiling the cards, it is likely already at the presses (or ready to go there).

I agree, though. It would be cool to have packaging that allows us to store everything in this box (at least, all expansion material in this box).

Myself, I combined my two copies of Descent together and used the other Decent box to hold all of my Arkham stuff. I bought a Plano(?) plastic card holder (which can be found at places like Wal Mart and Target) that holds all the cards, and rather nicely, put all the investigator tokens in the Black Goat box, some thin card storage boxes hold the epic battles and Ancient One cards and amazingly enough it all fits. For now. I think when MH comes out I'll need to rearrange a few things to get it all to fit.

#3 Madmaestro

Madmaestro

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:55 AM

JerusalemJones said:

I have this feeling that we are too late to affect the items in MH. If they are spoiling the cards, it is likely already at the presses (or ready to go there).

I agree, though. It would be cool to have packaging that allows us to store everything in this box (at least, all expansion material in this box).

Myself, I combined my two copies of Descent together and used the other Decent box to hold all of my Arkham stuff. I bought a Plano(?) plastic card holder (which can be found at places like Wal Mart and Target) that holds all the cards, and rather nicely, put all the investigator tokens in the Black Goat box, some thin card storage boxes hold the epic battles and Ancient One cards and amazingly enough it all fits. For now. I think when MH comes out I'll need to rearrange a few things to get it all to fit.

Realistically there is only so much a company can do after a certain point, but I would love it if they could put some storage solutions in the  works. I know that some accessories that hold everything better would be popular and  sell well. We get to conveniently store our expansions and games, and they will make a profit. Win/win

#4 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:25 AM

It's true...  If they released a special storage case with a monster cup (bag) there'd probably be a lot of players who'd want to buy it ;'D especially if it came with some custom dice.

#5 faith_star83

faith_star83

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

hm...I do know the storage problem of AH and I also heard a lot of Players complain about it, but I think there are several easy-to-aquire solutions for this. I myself bought some fishing equipment and customizable briefcase. For ffg to actually produce a storage solution might take quite some development resources and it is questionable if it is possible to break even if only a fraction of players will by the product. (All the people that devised a custom solution might be reluctant to buy another solution).

I suppose if there was some nice artwork and extras (like the suggested dice - although ffg already published a dice set) there might be some people willing to buy it, but will it be enough?

#6 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:13 PM

One box to hold them all? I'm in. 

#7 tombrun

tombrun

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:18 AM

That would've been awesome. I for one would buy it asap. Maybe they could put in a couple of exclusive new characters or cards just to sell the thing. As a good looking box with some nice AH artwork and a couple of extras put in for good measure, I'd guess it could at least sell a couple...

#8 Jonny WS

Jonny WS

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:25 PM

There is one major issue with FFG releasing a storage solution for Arkham Horror.    If they release a box, say something made out of metal, it would be up to date with space...maybe a little extra room for a future expansion...but after that, any additional expansions that get released would not be able to fit in.  This would make players VERY upset that own everything, and then spent the money to buy a case that no longer would hold everything.    

In other words, They would basically be saying "We are not going to release any extra material for this product"   Which, to some people would be perfect based on the amount of stuff already out there. 

Just my two cents. 

#9 evilidler

evilidler

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

Thunderstone expansions include dividers and a box made to fit all material released until that point (including promo cards). Arkham Horror might be so large one box won't do anymore, though ;)

#10 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:13 AM

Count me against FFG making storage boxes.

I can find cheaper alternatives at local stores or on-line. No matter what they produce it will cost more than what I can find at a Wal-Mart. Miniature cases made of backpack material and foam inserts go for $70+ and I imagine FFG would not be much cheaper.

Arkham, like a lot of FFG games, is very expandable, and is likely to get bigger. I would not have thought when I bought the game when it was first released there would be 4 big box expansions with 3 extra boards and multiple small expansions AND investigator miniatures. I don't know how they could accomadate all of that stuff without a roll-away suitcase.

I think they should concentrate on making more games and expansions and leave the rest to me.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS