Thought it might be fun to discuss some of the possible way in which a party of Black Crusade players might be able to contribute to the death of the false Emperor in a more meaningful manner than attack generic planet XX and try to turn it into a daemonworld, and therefore avoiding messy confrontations with entire Space Marine Chapters, Imperial Guard regiments and the might of the Grey Knights...
Here are some of my ideas on the subject and I'd love to hear yours.
1. Inflitrate the Inquisition, with a view to getting hold of the routes and schedules, used by the Black ships, so that other chaos forces specialising in inflitration such as the Alpha Legion can attempt to destroy or sabotage them in one fell swoop, effectively starving the Emperor of his only food source and plunging the Imperium into anarchy.
2. In a similar manner, work alongside Dark Mechanicus researchers, who are looking to create their own Golden Throne in order to understand its functioning. After some success is made, launch attacks on imperial installations guarding the production of the rare elements needed to maintain the Golden Throne. If this seems a little far-fetched, do something similar with other essential Imperial technology such as Gellar fields.
3. Test or field trial meme-viruses designed to turn the psyker populations of Black ships into warp-powered explosives.
4. Work as minions for Fabius Bile as part of a primarch creation programme, while trying not to be used as part of his experiments. Could possibly involve the capture of a Blood Angels Sanguinary Priest, a genestealer, taking the Ovipositor, removing the genetic cassette coding for the genestealer's phenotype and replacing it with Sanguinius's DNA obtained from the cells within the Sanguinary Priest's blood. Potentially could hideously back-fire if Fabius fails to remove the genes coding for the psychic call to the Tyranid hive-fleets....
5. Step 1. Obtain full working knowledge of Eunica. Step 2. Profit!
6. Hear a rumour that a bunch of Imperial archeologists are getting close to discovering of undreamt of power. Beat them to it, find out it's a time machine, go back in time and do your best to prevent little Horus or an Alpha Legion spy from deactivating the shields on the Vengeful Spirit. Or alternatively, hiding behind Horus's throne and then shiving the Emperor after he's just used up all his strength obliterating Horus....
7. Corner the sub-sector market in children's toys while lacing them with chaos-drenched subliminal messages. Would the Inquisition see it coming?