Jump to content



Photo

Shotguns and barriers


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rand

Rand

    Member

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:48 PM

So shotguns let you fire through doors.  What if you put a barrier in the door?  Can you still fire through?

This came up during a game tonight.  The players wanted to block the door and plug away at the creatures without much fear.



#2 FrostyWolf

FrostyWolf

    Member

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:52 PM

I would say yes.  Barriers only block movement, I would guess if it was also intended to block guns it would say so in the book, unless it is a oversight. 



#3 Mr. K

Mr. K

    Member

  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:26 PM

Actually, I'd say no.  I'd argue a barrier would obstruct Line of Sight.

K xx



#4 FrostyWolf

FrostyWolf

    Member

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:26 AM

Shotguns are not subject to line of sight...per the shotgun card.



#5 CraggleRock

CraggleRock

    Member

  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:27 AM

FrostyWolf said:

Shotguns are not subject to line of sight...per the shotgun card.

I've only ever played as the Keeper, so don't have full familiarity with all the player's cards, but doesn't the shotgun only override the rule about doorways?  Otherwise, if it ignored line of sight, it could be fired through walls or around corners as well.



#6 dvang

dvang

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:51 AM

Shotguns only override the doorway restriction.

However, nothing in the rules says that a barrier blocks LOS. It just blocks movement. So, I would say that the barrier would not technically prevent the shotgun from being used.



#7 FrostyWolf

FrostyWolf

    Member

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:45 AM

CraggleRock said:

 

FrostyWolf said:

 

Shotguns are not subject to line of sight...per the shotgun card.

 

 

I've only ever played as the Keeper, so don't have full familiarity with all the player's cards, but doesn't the shotgun only override the rule about doorways?  Otherwise, if it ignored line of sight, it could be fired through walls or around corners as well.

 

 

 

Right right, I got confused cause I thought K was talking about line of sight thru doorways, not line of sight in general.  In any case, if you can hit your target thru a locked door, theres no reason you can't aim around of thru what ever barrier you put up. 

Also, from a balance point of few, its not like barriers are that effective anyway, they generally only last about one monster attack round, lol.



#8 Pigeonbane

Pigeonbane

    Member

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:20 AM

FrostyWolf said:

CraggleRock said:

 

Also, from a balance point of few, its not like barriers are that effective anyway, they generally only last about one monster attack round, lol.

During a test game, I actually had  a previously injured cultist that died as a result of bursting through a barrier.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS