Napoleon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 erikwm

erikwm

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:59 AM

Are there any other games that you can honestly compare to this one? For someone who is interested in it, but is looking for something similar to compare it to?

#2 BrooklynMike

BrooklynMike

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:21 AM

There are not many that can compare.

- Command and Colors: Napoleonics is in the same genre, but is more like "Napoleon '44" or a minor modification to C&C: Ancients.

- There area a few games with similar visual appeal, like Simmons Games: Napoleon's Triumph, but that is a completely different scale.

- There are tactical Napoleonic board games, like the La Battaille series from Clash of Arms but thats highly complex and detailed.

- Then, of course, there is playing with Napoleonic 15 or 25mm miniatures, which is probably the most satisfying tactical Napoleonic 

Being a wargamer for more than 40 years I can say that Battles of Napoleon manages to blend just enough of the detail and control of miniatures with the cleanness and ease of a board game ... I can't really say there si anything quite like it.

#3 LETE

LETE

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:40 PM

Hi:

Battle Cry is a lighter version of the same tactics & epoch (using the same system for Battle Lore)... Only Battle Cry is the US Civil war!

L

#4 WeeSodjer

WeeSodjer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:31 AM

Eric,

Battles of Napoleon is the game I play when I am not playing with 28mm miniatures so, as far as I am concerned, the nearest you will get to it is miniature wargames.

Regards,

Jim

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS