Photo

Yog Sothoth ability w/ a card that attaches. Does it return to bottom of deck?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Jeffrey Wills

Dr. Jeffrey Wills

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:36 AM

If I pay 2 to trigger Yog's ability and target a spell event card in my discard pile that then says: attach to a character does it still return to the bottom of my deck as stated on Yog or does it stay in play?

#2 KallistiBRC

KallistiBRC

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:47 AM

How very interesting...

I'm going to hesitantly say yes.  You'll resolve Yog's ability, pick the card and fully resolve it.  The "Then" clause of Yog now kicks in, and you put it on the bottom.

I'm definitely open to alternate interpretation on this one.

#3 B_P

B_P

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:22 AM

But, when the mnohmquath's serpent is attached to a character, the card isn't a spell event card anymore, right? :D

#4 Dr. Jeffrey Wills

Dr. Jeffrey Wills

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:14 AM

B_P said:

But, when the mnohmquath's serpent is attached to a character, the card isn't a spell event card anymore, right? :D

That's the exact card that brought this question to mind.  In response to what you said though it may not be a spell event card anymore but it is still "that" card which is what gets put on the bottom of your deck.  ???  I don't know.

#5 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

KallistiBRC said:

I'm going to hesitantly say yes.  You'll resolve Yog's ability, pick the card and fully resolve it.  The "Then" clause of Yog now kicks in, and you put it on the bottom.

That would be my interpretation, as well. I don't think you can get around it just because it turns into a support card.

#6 AUCodeMonkey

AUCodeMonkey

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:49 AM

If the wording were instead "Then, place that Spell on the bottom of your deck" then I believe the Serpent would then stay because, hey, it's no longer considered to be a spell afterwards. As it stands, I unfortunately agree with the general consensus.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS