Scenario choice for in-store demo

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CraggleRock

CraggleRock

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

I have agreed with the owner of my FLGS (the Leeds branch of Travelling Man) to run a couple of demo games of Mansions of Madness on Saturday 12 March, and I wondered if anyone has suggestions on the best scenario (and possibly plot options) to use?  We should have around two hours for each slot, and I should have plenty of time prior to the game slots to set up everything myself, so that should hopefully take that consideration out of the equation.  The store is holding a sign-up sheet, so I may have some idea of how many players to expect before hand, but at the moment I don't.

I have run a quick sample in a one investigator game with my flatmate last night using the first scenario (options 1A, 2B, 3A).  It worked reasonably well, although it did seem to want a little bit for extra players, just to avoid the pacing moving too quick to the end conditions.  We got done playing in just a little over an hour.  Obviously more players is likely to extend that time a bit more, but I did feel that it slightly lacked hiding spots and obstacles to block doors, which I do think are nice ideas that would have been interesting to see a bit more of.

So, which other scenarios have people run for first time players, for how many, how long did the game take, and how much of the unique MoM mechanics did they seem to showcase?  Or any other suggestions/tips/pointers for running demo games anyone has?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS