Photo

Khorne is Coming... >>> Announcing Omens of War, a Supplement for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 FFG DanielC

FFG DanielC

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:31 AM

Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to announce Omens of War, a new supplement for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. 

You can read the announcement here

Remember that you can read about many of our forthcoming products in our Sifting Through Shadows document, which is available here

Enjoy the gaAAARRRGHHHH BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE THRONE OF KHORNE! 

"Forget it, Ray; it's New Angeles." 

Twitter: @danlovatclark

#2 willmanx

willmanx

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:36 PM

Really Nice ! I can't wait for it... these severe injuries make me very curious :)

#3 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

Blood For The Blood God! Skulls For The Skull Throne!

Can't wait to see the Knightly Orders and mounted combat. I will keep my fingers crossed to see it in April 2011.

#4 Sausageman

Sausageman

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:08 AM

Dang - I am REALLY looking forward to this.  Not my favourite Chaos god, but definitely the most interesting sounding expansion (for me) thus far.

Can't wait to lop limbs and gouge eyes from my players  :)

#5 schoon

schoon

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:14 PM

Advanced fighter Careers! That's what I'm looking for!

...and the thought of 50 more combat-oriented Action Cards is pretty enticing as well!

#6 The Strolling Bones

The Strolling Bones

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

schoon said:

Advanced fighter Careers! That's what I'm looking for!

...and the thought of 50 more combat-oriented Action Cards is pretty enticing as well!

I have a feeling that quite a few of those actions will be for the new creatures, fingers crossed that the PC action cards far outweigh the Creature ones.

I also am exited for advanced combat careers and Knightly Orders w/ Mount rules

#7 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:00 AM

This ought to get my group jazzed!

jh

#8 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:51 AM

yummy

#9 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:55 AM

skolo said:

yummy

Wonderful, just wonderful!

#10 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

Ok, so Omens Of War is at the printer but I wonder when it's going to be on the boat?

And when will we see the announcement of Black Fire Pass?

#11 willmanx

willmanx

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:03 AM

Besides the interesting rule aspect of the enhancement (sacrifice dices to get more effects), I don't see what that means in roleplay terms. Probably nothing. Could someone help me how to explain that to the players ? Why my gun is piercing if I sacrifice a dice ?

#12 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:17 AM

willmanx said:

Besides the interesting rule aspect of the enhancement (sacrifice dices to get more effects), I don't see what that means in roleplay terms. Probably nothing. Could someone help me how to explain that to the players ? Why my gun is piercing if I sacrifice a dice ?

The other enhancement card that we've been teased with "Dangerous modifications" at least has a roleplaying aspect as you load extra powder into your gun before firing. The "Stilled breath" though seems more mechanical. But well, you could view it as you hold your breath, really focusing on aiming and hitting where the armour is weaker (like in the armpits or somesuch) and thus you gain piercing on the attack. The loss of dice could be because you have a much smaller target area (if you miss the armpit for example it is more likely that you miss your target alltogether).

#13 willmanx

willmanx

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:29 AM

thanks I'll try to figure descriptions like that on each card when I'll put my hands on them (can't wait :) ).

#14 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:38 AM

willmanx said:

thanks I'll try to figure descriptions like that on each card when I'll put my hands on them (can't wait :) ).

Yeah, hopefully most of them are like the "dangerous modifications" card, as it is very easy to understand how the card works thematically. (like "oh my Sigmar, that's one enormous greater deamon, I need to add more black powder to even be able to scratch that beast")

#15 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:14 AM

willmanx said:

It seems no different than any other called shot mechanic. You are trying to hit a more difficult target that will yield a better hit (in this case, bypass armor).

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (updated to include Dangerous Covenants), as well as my other handouts.

#16 Saint&Sinner

Saint&Sinner

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:04 AM

It's now listed as on the boat.  How long does that usually take?

#17 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:39 AM

well...from China to USA, from USA to Europe...

#18 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:43 AM

Saint&Sinner said:

It's now listed as on the boat.  How long does that usually take?

5-6 weeks to the US, if previous releases are any indicator. 

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (updated to include Dangerous Covenants), as well as my other handouts.

#19 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

Finaly on the boat. Now I'm waiting for a pre-order to order my a copy of this amazing expansion.

#20 Urial

Urial

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

hi here,

I have a buy a pdf version of omens of war for a new carreer. 

Except them are not would be it there possible for people which does not wish to play with cards, to have a rules to play the news carreer and the new actions?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Desolé for my approximate English, I am French.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS