• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mcfrei

mcfrei

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:33 AM

Hello.

Died at sunset two tiles from the exit, trying to re-lit torch for 5 turns in a row, carrying the staff of light.

Maybe staff of light should give auto success on "torch goes out"  event? After all, it's a god damn staff of LIGHT!

There are examples of similar skill checks in loot and treasure cards - Rope and Flying Carpet, so i consider that as a flaw.

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:32 AM

mcfrei said:

Hello.

Died at sunset two tiles from the exit, trying to re-lit torch for 5 turns in a row, carrying the staff of light.

Maybe staff of light should give auto success on "torch goes out"  event? After all, it's a god damn staff of LIGHT!

There are examples of similar skill checks in loot and treasure cards - Rope and Flying Carpet, so i consider that as a flaw.

Did you remember Determination tokens? But yeah, Krutzbeck or Hugo (both have Luck 3 IIRC), losing 5 turns doesn't seem unlikely. Of course, I have managed to get Hugo killed by failing his Armor test ( vs 9).

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 mcfrei

mcfrei

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:18 AM

Unfortunately, i did remember about the determination tokens. 

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:24 AM

Also, as to why you can't use the Staff of Light, maybe it only has one charge left and whoever wants it can only recharge it if it has a charge left .

#5 mcfrei

mcfrei

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

Check the art on the card. It's drawn as glowing. 

#6 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:14 AM

It's only glowing before you grab it, then you need to hide it in your bag of holding ™ so as not to lure monsters to you .

I do agree it would've been nicer if more of the Treasure cards had alternate uses, I've used the Quicksilver Potion a few times to make a desperate last ditch effort to get out. If there were more cards with abilities, you'd have more decisions, can I take on this encounter and save my Treasure or do I use it now, what if I get something similar later.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS