Short question about tech-card "monarchy"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Django

Django

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:34 AM

The tech-card "monarchy" allows me to obsolete an ancient wonder as well as killing a unit from another players standing forces for just one ressource. if I´m the germans, is this the way I could play the game:

I already have monarchy researched.

In phase 5 I research a tech which upgrade my units, so I get one of this unit-type and a ressource of my choice (would be silk, so I could use monarchy next turn).

In the next city management phase I harvest on additional silk from one of my cities.

Then I use Monarchy twice to kill two units of my opponent.

In phase 5 I research a tech which upgrade my units...

--> If I have enough tech-points to reasearch every round, I get a unit for free and I can kill two of my opponents units... Is this really the way I can play the game?? I´ve done it in our last game and I thought that this playing style ist somehow... overpowered...

#2 Whyllwyst

Whyllwyst

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:42 PM

Page 22 of the rule book states "Each resource ability may only be used once per turn, regardless of how many resource tokens a player has." This would put a small damper in how many you could kill each turn but the rest of the strategy is valid.

#3 Django

Django

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:06 AM

Oh, thank you. I haven´t read this.

But killing one, getting one for free and maybe buying one is strong enough, I think... :-)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS