Jump to content



Photo

Questions after first play with core set


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron Powell

Aaron Powell

    Member

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:51 AM

 I picked up the core set yesterday and played a game with a friend.  We had a great time but came up with two points of confusion.  Any help on these would be wonderful.

  1. On page 6 of the rule book, when it's talking about setting up the decks, it says to pick to factions and then add "one of the two neutral card packets (F141–F148 and F148–F154)."  The problem is, that puts F148 in both packets.  I assumed at first this was a typo, so F141-147 go in the first pack and 148-154 in the second.  But I have a neutral F155 which is a conspiracy card and I don't know which pack it it supposed to go in (if any).
  2. The card "T-Men" (F12) has two black shield icons before its name.  Both my friend and I looked through the rules and could find what these are used for.

Thanks.

 



#2 PearlJamaholic

PearlJamaholic

    Member

  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:59 AM

if youre making your own decks you dont have to use any neutral cards, but i dont own the coreset yet so i dont have the slightest idea where that card might go. to both decks have equal amounts of cards, or does one have an extra?

those shields are agency steadfast. just means you have to have to agency resources combined on all your domains, doesnt have to be the domain you drained to play the card either.



#3 Carioz

Carioz

    Member

  • Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:03 AM

Aaron Powell said:

 I picked up the core set yesterday and played a game with a friend.  We had a great time but came up with two points of confusion.  Any help on these would be wonderful.

  1. On page 6 of the rule book, when it's talking about setting up the decks, it says to pick to factions and then add "one of the two neutral card packets (F141–F148 and F148–F154)."  The problem is, that puts F148 in both packets.  I assumed at first this was a typo, so F141-147 go in the first pack and 148-154 in the second.  But I have a neutral F155 which is a conspiracy card and I don't know which pack it it supposed to go in (if any).
  2. The card "T-Men" (F12) has two black shield icons before its name.  Both my friend and I looked through the rules and could find what these are used for.

Thanks.

 

1.  I dunno.

2. On page 12 of the rule booklet available on the net (Here) there is the official explanation of the steadfast rule.



#4 Aaron Powell

Aaron Powell

    Member

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:20 AM

PearlJamaholic said:

if youre making your own decks you dont have to use any neutral cards, but i dont own the coreset yet so i dont have the slightest idea where that card might go. to both decks have equal amounts of cards, or does one have an extra?

The conspiracy appears to be an extra card, as it's numbered outside of the range given in the rulebook and creates an odd number.  Plus, there's only one of them.  I could see both decks getting conspiracy cards, but only one of them having one is odd.  I'll probably just leave it out entirely.



#5 PearlJamaholic

PearlJamaholic

    Member

  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:58 AM

Carioz said:

Aaron Powell said:

 

 I picked up the core set yesterday and played a game with a friend.  We had a great time but came up with two points of confusion.  Any help on these would be wonderful.

  1. On page 6 of the rule book, when it's talking about setting up the decks, it says to pick to factions and then add "one of the two neutral card packets (F141–F148 and F148–F154)."  The problem is, that puts F148 in both packets.  I assumed at first this was a typo, so F141-147 go in the first pack and 148-154 in the second.  But I have a neutral F155 which is a conspiracy card and I don't know which pack it it supposed to go in (if any).
  2. The card "T-Men" (F12) has two black shield icons before its name.  Both my friend and I looked through the rules and could find what these are used for.

Thanks.

 

 

 

1.  I dunno.

2. On page 12 of the rule booklet available on the net (Here) there is the official explanation of the steadfast rule.

the rules have a typo.............

"have at least 2 Agency resources attached to any
number of domains he controls and drain a domain with at least 5
resources (one of which is Miskatonic)."

what??? since when did you need a miskatonic resource to play an agency card with agency steadfast????



#6 Carioz

Carioz

    Member

  • Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

Wow, didn't notice it. Superb quality in the LCG so far!



#7 PearlJamaholic

PearlJamaholic

    Member

  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:16 AM

Carioz said:

Wow, didn't notice it. Superb quality in the LCG so far!

yeah thats 2 ive noticed in that rulebook so far......maybe i should ask them to hire me as a proof reader. i wonder what is up with all this. its not like they rushed the product out the doors haha



#8 Hybrid

Hybrid

    Member

  • Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:06 AM

I wonder, with the mis-factioned Steve Clarney

would I by rule be able to put 6 SCs in a deck?

3 Miskatonic and 3 Agency? I would guess not since

the rule is based  solely on the cards' title. 



#9 The_Big_Show

The_Big_Show

    Member

  • Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

No, since it goes by card title not title and faction.



#10 Manit0u

Manit0u

    Member

  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:32 AM

Aaron Powell said:

 

  1. On page 6 of the rule book, when it's talking about setting up the decks, it says to pick to factions and then add "one of the two neutral card packets (F141–F148 and F148–F154)."  The problem is, that puts F148 in both packets.  I assumed at first this was a typo, so F141-147 go in the first pack and 148-154 in the second.  But I have a neutral F155 which is a conspiracy card and I don't know which pack it it supposed to go in (if any).

If you have problem deciding, just get all of your neutral cards, if the number is odd - remove the conspiracy, if it's even - leave it alone. Then just shuffle it and deal evenly to each player, who then can put as many as he needs into his deck (chosen from the randomly divided neutral card pool).






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS